Newbie Acosta3211

Richard Alan Acosta

TalkEmount Regular
Hello everyone. My name is Richard. I am new to the Sony community. I had Nikon for many years and recently switched over. I shoot just as a hobbyist. I like to take lots of family pictures, portraits, landscapes, cars and sports. Current gear: Sony a7R III, 24-70 2.8 GM, 70-200 2.8 GM (also have the 2x teleconverter), Zeiss 35mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4 GM.
Hope I can learn as much as I can from you guys!

Thanks,

Richard

bdbits

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Bob
Hi there, and welcome to talkemount. I think you'll find a friendly bunch of people. A lot of us are hobbyists, myself included. :Welcome:

Looks like you have a nice starter kit there. :D

I am quite curious about one thing - did you switch before all the recent publicity around Nikon's coming mirrorless?

Richard Alan Acosta

TalkEmount Regular
Hi there, and welcome to talkemount. I think you'll find a friendly bunch of people. A lot of us are hobbyists, myself included. :Welcome:

Looks like you have a nice starter kit there. :D

I am quite curious about one thing - did you switch before all the recent publicity around Nikon's coming mirrorless?
Thank you.
I switched and placed my Sony order July 5, 2018 and posted all my Nikon gear on eBay. I thought long and hard about it. It was a few weeks before Nikon's official leaks came out but I knew Nikon and Canon were going to go the mirrorless route. I felt once they made the official announcement, the Nikon value would drop so I sold everything and made pretty good money on all my gear.. enough to buy all my new gear and have money left over. I am so happy I switched. I feel like I went from driving an old (yet reliable) Honda Accord to a Brand New Tesla with all the tech packed into the a7RIII!

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
Welcome aboard Rich! :Welcome:

I think you're going to really enjoy the new system. A lot of new capability and potential for one's photography.

Richard Alan Acosta

TalkEmount Regular
Welcome aboard Rich! :Welcome:

I think you're going to really enjoy the new system. A lot of new capability and potential for one's photography.
Yes so many great features:
EVF- let’s you see how your photo will come out in real time.
Auto Eye Focus- very accurate and lets you focus more on your composition instead of nailing focus on the eye. Incredibly helpful when taking pics of a toddler!!
10 FPS- No special grips and batteries required.
Focus peaking
Customizable buttons
The list goes on and on!

Richard Alan Acosta

TalkEmount Regular
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
This was Christmas in July

runnerpsu

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Welcome! I've learned a lot from the members here. It is a fantastic community. I look forward to seeing your photos. Enjoy your time here. You have a very nice group of lenses and camera.

christilou

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Christina
Welcome. Nice to see what can be achieved with the A7RIII. I've just upgraded from the A7RII so I'm hoping it will nail focus on my baby granddaughter much better now :) I only have the FE 55 1.8 and the FE 85 1.4 GM. For manual I have a good selection of Zeiss and one good Leica.

Tipton

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Rae Leggett
Welcome, we're the best photography forum on the web, and you're helping make us even better!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom