1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New yet Old

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by andy, Jan 20, 2013.

1. andy

andy TalkEmount Rookie

Jan 20, 2013
    Hi guys, only just decided to get involved, i've owned an NEX-5 for around 2 years now and loved it, (Apart from when my lenses and kit got stolen from a car) I work at sea and love having a camera with me to capture some of the amazing sunsets and rises. Im mainly into producing videos, helping a friend of mine but have recently got into editing my own stuff.

My kit includes NEX-5, NEX-7 (just bought and waiting for delivery) 16mm, 18-55, 55-210, fish eye converter, Canon FD 50mm lens (my fav) Manfrotto Tripod with a fluid video head, home made jib crane.

Take a look, see what you think...

https://vimeo.com/user11688258

2. Bugleone

Bugleone TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 21, 2011
    Nice video efforts!.....I looked at the most recent two, of skate tricks and snow etc.

Are these using the 'best' quality video that NEX has available?......And, which NEX was used?

I would like to use my NEX 3 for short instructional workshop videos but using the best of teh three quality settings produces files which can't be edited (at least not using any software I have available and Sony did not provide any with the camera ..!!?!)

I have successfully edited with Movie Maker 2 in windows but it will not load/use the 16:9 best quality files.

3. andy

andy TalkEmount Rookie

Jan 20, 2013
    AVCHD format is what im using, i use a fully manual lens most of the time. I don't know why your editing software won't do AVCHD but i use Adobe premier elements 10, if your video's are only going on youtube just film in the MP4 format, saves space and very few people ever actually up the quality on videos.

P.s, they were all on the NEX-5 and a gopro3 black

4. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Welcome andy! Good to see more video guys coming along.

Seeing your work makes me want to put my 5N video prowess to good use, but without editing software it's rather pointless. Perhaps later on when extra funds allow...

5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Welcome, hope to see some great pictures.

What do you do out at sea?

6. andy

andy TalkEmount Rookie

Jan 20, 2013
    Im an engineering officer, work on roll on roll off cargo ships that go all over the world, pretty sweet job if you can handle being away from home for a long time.

i've been getting into doing timelaps aswell. You can get free editing software from the gopro site that i've heard aint too bad to begin with.

timelaps i got in the alps - faster hd night - YouTube

whats the best site to upload some pictures?

7. andy

andy TalkEmount Rookie

Jan 20, 2013