New to the photography world! Sony Nex 5R

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by jcasillas08, May 31, 2013.

1. jcasillas08

jcasillas08 TalkEmount Regular

May 29, 2013
    New to the site thanks to google lol and new to taking pics, always loved it but never had a decent camera. Recently purchased a used 5R.from a local gentleman. I ended up finding out its a European edition since it has a lot of different languages to choose from not like the American one. At least that's what the sony rep at best buy advices me which I believe knew her products. Well bought the camera to take family pictures and most important of my new born which she is 2 1/2 weeks. Love the camera and IMO getting the hang of it. Love the wifi capability so helpful. I been messing with the editing from the disc it provides in the 5RK . HERE are some, any advice is 100%welcome and comments .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using TalkNEX mobile app

Attached Files:

2. jcasillas08

May 29, 2013
    Today I'll be taking some engagement pictures of my two friends getting married on Sunday and wedding pics. Been getting tons of ideas from Pinterest lol. That site has everything!! Thanks to my wife on getting me hooked on it. I'm not the only one taking pics at the wedding she hired two"professional" photographers she just asked me so I can get some practice.

3. Lucille

Lucille TalkEmount Veteran

May 22, 2013
    Welcome, I can give you some advice on that rolling car shot, you probably shot it in auto mode.

the shutter speed is too fast, and as a result the image doesn't convey motion, rather it looks like the car is parked in the street.

You need to use a slower shutter speed, since you are rolling at a even speed with the car, you will get a sharp car but yet have the wheels, the road, the background blurred, or motion blur. Since you will be using a slower shutter speed the camera will be drawing more light in, making for a blownout image, you need to set iso as low as possible and close the aperature to compensate, and or use a neutral density filter to bring you down some stops of light.

4. jcasillas08

May 29, 2013
    Thanks! How do I slow it down? I haven't mess with the ISO just read about it on reviews.I'll be reading more on here I'm sure I'll learn a ton.