1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New to the forum! (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by jade_monkey07, May 10, 2014.

1. jade_monkey07

jade_monkey07 TalkEmount Regular

Dec 24, 2013
    Just wanted to check in and say hi. I have Always been a bit of a shutterbug, but never had the money for a nice camera till recently. Iv had a nex5n with 18-55, and 55-210 kit lenses, which were stolen. Now I have a 5r with 18-55 and today I picked up the 18-105pz. Loving it so far!
    Im a bit of a random shooter, no specific styles. I spend a ton of time outdoors so my camera stays glued to me. I dont post process unless the shot Really didnt come out right. some overdone colors here and there but I love bright and vibrant. It suits the way I see the world :)
    Here are some shots from the nex cameras.
    Criticism welcome
    Go easy though iv never taken a class :) learning everyday though

Most of these are taken with the 18-55 kit lense
    ejemedad. eve3amy2.
    une2ameg. upeta5ap. uguju7yq. udupaguj. re5aruza. uve3u5y4. a8upyzyp. 9yvune5y. y3ezatas. 5a6a2asu. 7ybyzaty. 2y6etupy.
    ne4a8a5e.

I dont always drive where others cant. but when I do, its in my Jeep. Stay muddy my friends

• Like Like x 9
  2. jade_monkey07

Dec 24, 2013
    Most of these are taken off my facebook, so they aremt full quality

I dont always drive where others cant. but when I do, its in my Jeep. Stay muddy my friends

• Like Like x 1
  3. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Welcome to our little community!

How long are you into photography? Because these look quite nice for somebody new in the art. Of course there's room to improve - leading lines which lead the eye out of the image, some are just over-processed and some are a little boring. Like you said, the colors are over-done in some of these, but hey, you'll get a feeling for what works and what doesn't when you shoot more. Also, you should really think about post processing each and every single image you like, because it will not only improve your post processing skills, but it's also a necessary part of photography.

Also, some compositions are really nice and technically, they're all pretty good, so you're on a good way.

4. jade_monkey07

Dec 24, 2013
    Thanks I appreciate the critique. Iv owned point a shoot since highschool but cant claim I shot for the art of it back then. So a few years. Wont happen this summer but id like to start classes for some fun and learn to refine my shots. I understand the camera now. Time to shoot some more :)

5. jade_monkey07

Dec 24, 2013
    Double post

6. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Welcome. I see you like to spend time outside a lot.:)

As you mentioned, go easy on the processing, but still a fun set of shots.

7. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Some nice photos here! Well done ;)

P.S. The 18-105PZ is on my wish list :D

8. jade_monkey07

Dec 24, 2013
    Thanks :) after having my 5n and lenses stolen I decided to wait for the new linup to come out. This lense is gonna be great. It's defenitely huge, but the sharpness will be worth it. As much as its not a great lense id also like the 16-50 to replace my kit, for lighter traveling.

9. sdsyver

sdsyver Here to Learn and Enjoy!

Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Alberta
    Shawn
    ne4a8a5e.

This looks like the Old Headly Road to me. Am I right? Nice Photos! Beautiful country!

• Like Like x 1
  10. jade_monkey07

Dec 24, 2013
    Yes it is, good eye! The jeep shots are on the whipsaw trail in princeton. The girlfriend and I spent 10 days exploring before we met the jeep club. Had fun exploring one of the old french mines up that road. Pretty sketchy even in the big jeep!

11. sdsyver

Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Alberta
    Shawn
    I wondered where those were taken. How about the trail leading up onto the ridge? It looks familiar for some reason. Somewhere in the Kootenays?

12. jade_monkey07

Dec 24, 2013
    Yeah west kootenays. Idaho peak in sandon bc

13. sdsyver

Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Alberta
    Shawn
    Thought that might be there. It's been a long time since I've been there though. Thanks. Some great drives and hikes in that country!

14. jade_monkey07

Dec 24, 2013
    We love exploring that area, always finding new drives and hiding spots. This fall its moab utah :)

15. jade_monkey07

Dec 24, 2013
    A few test shots with the 18-105 set the camera to default colors. No more over saturated. This is accurate to her colors
    areru2eh. uga9u4e9.

• Like Like x 4
  16. chalkdust

chalkdust TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 25, 2015
    Bert Cheney
    Welcome to our group. I like the views and angles that catch your eye. I think you have a good sense for when and where to point your camera and release the shutter. So keep doing that and enjoy! Thank you for sharing these.

17. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave

Lovely dog.

18. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    Not sure how this 1.5 year old "welcome" thread was revived. Was this a forum error?