New to Nex

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Mary Elizabeth Murphy, May 25, 2013.

1. Mary Elizabeth Murphy

Mary Elizabeth Murphy New to TalkEmount

May 25, 2013
    Hi, I sold my Canon EOS 600D and its twin kit because it was just too heavy to carry around with neck problems. I couldn't make up my mind whether to go for something like a Leica v-lux superzoom or a CSC, but the Nex 5 had been on my radar when I bought the DSLR in contention with it, so I decided to go for a second hand original Nex 5 and 18-55 kit from Ffordes just to get a look at a Compact system without major investment initially to see if it is for me. It is due to be delivered on Monday. I'm looking forward to trying it out. If I can get on with the Sony system, which remains to be seen, I'm kind of sold on the wi-fi element of the Nex 6 and will probably end up getting that and I'll have a spare body in this one. I had several Sony Walkman phones in their day and those phone cameras were brilliant, so I hope Sony' s real cameras live up to that standard.
  2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Welcome to the forum and the NEX family. I think you'll be pleased with the image quality that you get. :)