1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

New to Mirrorless ILC

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by highlightshadow, May 16, 2013.

1. highlightshadow

highlightshadow New to TalkEmount

May 15, 2013
    Hi all,

Just joined the place following my (fairly speedy) decision to get back into Photography... I left about 15 months ago (sold off Canon 5D mk2 and about 3k in glass).... used to be amateur fashion photographer.

I picked up a nice new NEX-6 with kit lens for now and a 30mm f2.8 sigma .... i'll look at nicer glass later...

Can't wait to give it a whirl .... loving the fact that you guys are getting lots of vintage glass and giving it new life.... looking at some Pentax 70-200 f4's right now for peanuts money :)

Thanks all!
    J

2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Welcome and enjoy.

Most of us who have the 30mm love it.

3. highlightshadow

May 15, 2013
    Yeah ... its hard to choose which lenses to get .... can't afford all of the ones i'd like :)

4. Fiddler

Fiddler TalkEmount Regular

Mar 8, 2012
    Edinburgh
    Colin
    Welcome J!

5. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    Welcome.

Best luck finding Pentax 70-200/4.0 for peanuts. There is one SMC A in ffordes for 50 GBP so I think one can be had relatively cheap, I have settled to a Tokina RMC 80-200/4.0 and Vivitar Series 1 70-210/3.5 that I got for something like 25 euros per piece.

6. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Welcome to the NEX and NEXTalk. And that's a problem many here share with you. ;)

7. highlightshadow

May 15, 2013
    Finally went with a Canon 70-210 f4 in the end for £25
    It's immaculate and works perfect

8. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    Now we need samples from it! There are lots of pretty decent long zooms to be had. I think that handling is quite important aspect and it seems that I use Tokina 80-200/4 much more than Vivitar series 1 70-210/3.5 for that reason. I think that I will get that Canon and Minolta ones just for comparison if I can get them cheap.