• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

New to Mirrorless ILC

highlightshadow

New to TalkEmount
Hi all,

Just joined the place following my (fairly speedy) decision to get back into Photography... I left about 15 months ago (sold off Canon 5D mk2 and about 3k in glass).... used to be amateur fashion photographer.

I picked up a nice new NEX-6 with kit lens for now and a 30mm f2.8 sigma .... i'll look at nicer glass later...

Can't wait to give it a whirl .... loving the fact that you guys are getting lots of vintage glass and giving it new life.... looking at some Pentax 70-200 f4's right now for peanuts money :)

Thanks all!
J

xXx1

TalkEmount All-Pro
Welcome.

Best luck finding Pentax 70-200/4.0 for peanuts. There is one SMC A in ffordes for 50 GBP so I think one can be had relatively cheap, I have settled to a Tokina RMC 80-200/4.0 and Vivitar Series 1 70-210/3.5 that I got for something like 25 euros per piece.

xXx1

TalkEmount All-Pro
Finally went with a Canon 70-210 f4 in the end for £25
It's immaculate and works perfect

Now we need samples from it! There are lots of pretty decent long zooms to be had. I think that handling is quite important aspect and it seems that I use Tokina 80-200/4 much more than Vivitar series 1 70-210/3.5 for that reason. I think that I will get that Canon and Minolta ones just for comparison if I can get them cheap.

Latest threads

Top Bottom