1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New to me Minolta 50 F1.7 Test Shot

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by mattyp, Aug 12, 2013.

1. mattyp

mattyp New to TalkEmount

Jul 25, 2013
    So I waited impatiently for 2 weeks and I finally have my adapter and lens. The manual focus takes some getting used to for sure, but I absolutely love it. The only sad part of the story is the focus ring gets sticky towards the center of the focus range. I'm going to look for another copy online to see if I can get one in better shape (unless anyone has a sharp copy here?!)

Here's two of my many "test" photos. :p They seem slightly soft to me, but it's probably from my lack of skill with the manual focus. :) brutus. Nate1.

2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Ah, the sweet MD 50 1.7...
    Don't know what else there is to say about it that hasn't already been told a thousand times

Was also my 1st legacy adapted lens, that hooked me with those MF lenses. Bought my mint copy from a member (and friend) here. It had been my favourite lens (mostly for portrait work but not only), until I bought an MD 50 1.4 :D

Sorry to hear about the stiff focus ring issue, but luckily because so many of these were produced I bet you can find a better condition copy for very little money ;) Might worth checking the classifieds section of the forum too.

Lovely shots btw :thumbup: