1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New to E Mount and Full Frame

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by sdsyver, Apr 23, 2014.

1. sdsyver

sdsyver Here to Learn and Enjoy!

Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Alberta
    Shawn
    Hi there everyone. Looks like another good forum here. I've been a member on Mu-43 for long time and will continue to spend time over there but GAS has gotten the best of me and I now have an A7 with 55 f1.8. Must say it is a rather nice set up. The quality of the photos coming from this combo is really amazing. As soon as I saw these on the market I knew that I would eventually have one. It was really just a matter of time.

For now my plan is to keep my native lenses to just the 55 and then go with a collection of OM glass. I currently have a 16mm f3.5, 85mm f2, and a 180mm f2.8. A 21mm f2 and a 90mm macro are on the way. My grandfather has a great collection of fast legacy OM glass that he is more than happy to pass down the line! I'm a lucky man!!

After using Olympus for the last few years it is taking some time to get used to the new menus and lingo that Sony uses. So far I think I have most of figured out but if anyone has any useful tips on the best way to set up the camera I'm all ears.

Thanks for the time and all the info in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  2. sdsyver

Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Alberta
    Shawn
    Ive only ben able to get out and shoot one afternoon but here are three pics from first day.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
  3. MAubrey

MAubrey TalkEmount Top Veteran

Welcome! Sounds like you have a nice collection of MF glass to start with. I'm regularly tempted by the 55mm f/1.8, but I've successfully fought it so far.

Be sure to share some shots from the 90mm and 21mm when they arrive. Those are two highly desirable lenses.

• Like Like x 1
  4. sdsyver

Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Alberta
    Shawn
    As soon as Im able I will post pictures with those lenses. I'm still waiting on my adapter to arrive as well.

5. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    Welcome and thanks for intro and beautiful photos!

6. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Welcome Shawn! I think you're off to a great start with the A7 and 55. And I'm sure we're all looking forward to seeing what you can do with all those Oly lenses.

7. sdsyver

Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Alberta
    Shawn
    Thanks for all the welcomes!! The first three photos are using the 85mm on my OM-D E-M5. The Grizzly bear is the 180mm on E-M5. I just love the way the colours seem to pop using the old OM glass. Really excited to try them out on the larger sensor.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  8. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Agreed, glad you found your way over here.

• Like Like x 1
  9. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    +1, besides my ever-growing Minolta collection I have some Olympus glass just because it's so good.

• Like Like x 1
  10. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Welcome from me too and thanks for sharing some excellent photos!!! ;)

• Like Like x 1