New 'Sony NEX Club' Community on Google+

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Amin Sabet, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Google just launched a new Communities section on Google+, and I though this would be a good opportunity to get some Sony NEX photographers together over there and also use that community to bring attention to TalkNEX.

Please join our brand new Sony NEX Club community at Google+ and help get things started!

2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
  3. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    see you there

4. dixeyk

dixeyk TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    I can do that

5. freddytto

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    yes we waiting for you... ;)

6. MikeCaine

MikeCaine TalkEmount Rookie

Nov 28, 2012
    Isle of Man
    Won't this just spilt users between this forum and Google+?

I know I'm new here but I'd rather stick to this forum than use Google+

7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    There will be NEX groups on Google+ no matter what. If we have an active group on Google+ which refers to this site, it will bring NEX users here. If we don't have an active group on G+, someone else will, and that won't help this site at all.

8. MikeCaine

Nov 28, 2012
    Isle of Man
    I'd respectfully disagree.

There's any number of moribund NEX forums on the web. This is the only one that seems to have any life in it. If your NEX group takes off, and it seems very quiet at the moment, I think it will empty this forum rather than bring new members to it.

I hope I'm wrong though :)

9. Rich

Rich TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 20, 2012
    Salisbury UK
    Richard
    I hope the Google thing works out.

I'd hate to think this forum got disrupted for any reason though. This is the most friendly group of photographers I have ever known. I'm happy here :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    I like the idea, but I just don't have enough time to be there (or any other boards for that matter) as well as here.

All the best to it though...

11. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    I've joined but Google and China don't play well together. Google+, Twitter and Facebook and many other foreign social networks are blocked in China. There are ways to get around it but they are inconvenient and often slow. Even here, There are some photos that I can't see because of where they are hosted. Blogger and Wordpress are blocked. Flickr, Photobucket, SmugMug, 500px are all fine.

12. freddytto

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    : (

13. jemsurvey

jemsurvey New to TalkEmount

Jan 19, 2013
    How do you join the group? I am a google + member but did not see a link for the nex group specifically.
    Thanks,
    John

14. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    I will join the Google+ group when that seems to be the most active NEX group instead of this forum. I'd like to limit the numbers of sites to check daily to a minimum.

15. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Hi John, welcome to the forum. From G+ you select the Communities button, search for and click on The Sony NEX Club and then join.

16. jemsurvey

jemsurvey New to TalkEmount

Jan 19, 2013
  17. gio

gio TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    Manchester, uk

"et tu brutus"

18. MikeCaine

Nov 28, 2012
    Isle of Man
    I've looked a couple of times and it just seems to be people posting photos with the usual "great shot" comments.

All of the useful discussion seems to be going on here.

19. tombran

tombran TalkEmount Regular

Jul 23, 2013
    Went to the nex community on Google+ downloaded the icon to my ipad and can't see how to join.
    FYI been having all manner of trouble with gmail, maps, picassa etc. for the last year. Gmail alone has been hacked three times.
    Might be going back to Yahoo for email and Flickr, already using finance everyday.

20. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    This forum has been a very friendly and relaxing place to chat about Nexes and photography in general. I'd hate to see an influx turn it into a battleground like so many other forums/fora(?). I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Tony