• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

New 'Sony NEX Club' Community on Google+

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Google just launched a new Communities section on Google+, and I though this would be a good opportunity to get some Sony NEX photographers together over there and also use that community to bring attention to TalkNEX.

Please join our brand new Sony NEX Club community at Google+ and help get things started!

MikeCaine

TalkEmount Rookie
Won't this just spilt users between this forum and Google+?

I know I'm new here but I'd rather stick to this forum than use Google+

Amin Sabet

Administrator
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Won't this just spilt users between this forum and Google+?

I know I'm new here but I'd rather stick to this forum than use Google+
There will be NEX groups on Google+ no matter what. If we have an active group on Google+ which refers to this site, it will bring NEX users here. If we don't have an active group on G+, someone else will, and that won't help this site at all.

MikeCaine

TalkEmount Rookie
I'd respectfully disagree.

There's any number of moribund NEX forums on the web. This is the only one that seems to have any life in it. If your NEX group takes off, and it seems very quiet at the moment, I think it will empty this forum rather than bring new members to it.

I hope I'm wrong though :)

Rich

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Richard
I hope the Google thing works out.

I'd hate to think this forum got disrupted for any reason though. This is the most friendly group of photographers I have ever known. I'm happy here :cool:

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
I like the idea, but I just don't have enough time to be there (or any other boards for that matter) as well as here.

All the best to it though...

Real Name
Colin
I've joined but Google and China don't play well together. Google+, Twitter and Facebook and many other foreign social networks are blocked in China. There are ways to get around it but they are inconvenient and often slow. Even here, There are some photos that I can't see because of where they are hosted. Blogger and Wordpress are blocked. Flickr, Photobucket, SmugMug, 500px are all fine.

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
I've joined but Google and China don't play well together. Google+, Twitter and Facebook and many other foreign social networks are blocked in China. There are ways to get around it but they are inconvenient and often slow. Even here, There are some photos that I can't see because of where they are hosted. Blogger and Wordpress are blocked. Flickr, Photobucket, SmugMug, 500px are all fine.
: (

jemsurvey

New to TalkEmount
How do you join the group? I am a google + member but did not see a link for the nex group specifically.
Thanks,
John

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
How do you join the group? I am a google + member but did not see a link for the nex group specifically.
Thanks,
John
Hi John, welcome to the forum. From G+ you select the Communities button, search for and click on The Sony NEX Club and then join.

gio

TalkEmount Veteran
I will join the Google+ group when that seems to be the most active NEX group instead of this forum. I'd like to limit the numbers of sites to check daily to a minimum.

"et tu brutus"

MikeCaine

TalkEmount Rookie
I will join the Google+ group when that seems to be the most active NEX group instead of this forum. I'd like to limit the numbers of sites to check daily to a minimum.
I've looked a couple of times and it just seems to be people posting photos with the usual "great shot" comments.

All of the useful discussion seems to be going on here.

tombran

TalkEmount Regular
Went to the nex community on Google+ downloaded the icon to my ipad and can't see how to join.
FYI been having all manner of trouble with gmail, maps, picassa etc. for the last year. Gmail alone has been hacked three times.
Might be going back to Yahoo for email and Flickr, already using finance everyday.

TonyTurley

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
This forum has been a very friendly and relaxing place to chat about Nexes and photography in general. I'd hate to see an influx turn it into a battleground like so many other forums/fora(?). I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Tony

Top Bottom