New Sony NEX-7 Images Leaked by Photo Rumors

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Photo Rumors today posted some new leaked images of the Sony NEX-7:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

They also re-posted the same leaked specifications which have been shared there and elsewhere on prior occasions. The specs do not refer to the presence of an articulated LCD, and none of the images show one either. Seems like a strange omission from a camera which otherwise is poised to be an absolute show of force on both the still and video fronts.

Delhaye

TalkEmount Rookie
It looks better everyday, but it's strange it's never shown from the back... an articulated LCD would be most welcome...

Penny

TalkEmount Regular
I love my articulated LCD on my NEX 5; however maybe if there isn't one on the new NEX-7 perhaps Sony thought that by including a viewfinder (I'm old fashioned) there wouldn't be any need for a articulated LCD; however I think that if it has been omitted they will have lost many customers who would have up-graded.

Delhaye

TalkEmount Rookie
I'm a viewfinder guy myself, but I agree with you Penny, keeping both the viewfinder and articulated screen would be great.

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Maybe it's there, but with the detailed specifications having leaked out, I would expect it to be listed...

WT21

TalkEmount Top Veteran
I'm still not loving the look/shape/appearance, but maybe it will look better in person, or at least in a person's hands. It's tough to judge from just product shots sometimes. That integrated EVF (with peaking??) will be something to see!

The better include a proximity sensor to switch between LCD and EVF. If you are going to do it, then you might as well do it right!

Vladimir Byazrov

New to TalkEmount
unless Sony fixes photoshop not supporting ARW files ussue I don't need Sony cameras.

unrelated but...why no rss for this site?

Amin Sabet

Administrator
It's a new site, and I've been mostly working on the forums but will have an RSS for the front page soon!

As for ARW files, Photoshop supports ARW files for all but the newest cameras, and those should be supported before long via Adobe Camera Raw update.

rishio

TalkEmount Rookie
I'm still not loving the look/shape/appearance, but maybe it will look better in person, or at least in a person's hands. It's tough to judge from just product shots sometimes. That integrated EVF (with peaking??) will be something to see!

The better include a proximity sensor to switch between LCD and EVF. If you are going to do it, then you might as well do it right!
I think it would look better with the top 1/3 of the camera being silver and the bottom 2/3 black (kind of like the fujifilm x100).. but i'm not complaining :)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom