New Sony NEX-7 Images Leaked by Photo Rumors

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Amin Sabet, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Photo Rumors today posted some new leaked images of the Sony NEX-7:

sony-nex-7-mirrorless. sony-nex-7-evil. sony-nex-7-mirrorless-camera. sony-nex-71. sony-nex-camera.

They also re-posted the same leaked specifications which have been shared there and elsewhere on prior occasions. The specs do not refer to the presence of an articulated LCD, and none of the images show one either. Seems like a strange omission from a camera which otherwise is poised to be an absolute show of force on both the still and video fronts.

2. Delhaye

Delhaye TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 19, 2011
    Manchester, UK
    It looks better everyday, but it's strange it's never shown from the back... an articulated LCD would be most welcome...

3. Penny

Penny TalkEmount Regular

Aug 8, 2011
    Liverpool
    I love my articulated LCD on my NEX 5; however maybe if there isn't one on the new NEX-7 perhaps Sony thought that by including a viewfinder (I'm old fashioned) there wouldn't be any need for a articulated LCD; however I think that if it has been omitted they will have lost many customers who would have up-graded.

4. Delhaye

Aug 19, 2011
    Manchester, UK
    I'm a viewfinder guy myself, but I agree with you Penny, keeping both the viewfinder and articulated screen would be great.

5. Travisennis

Travisennis TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Jasper, Indiana
    Wow, that is a beautiful camera. I can't wait to see the first previews and reviews of it to see how it does in action.

6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Maybe it's there, but with the detailed specifications having leaked out, I would expect it to be listed...

7. Delhaye

Aug 19, 2011
    Manchester, UK
    I think we would have known by now if it had....

Still, in four days all will be revealed!

8. WT21

WT21 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    I'm still not loving the look/shape/appearance, but maybe it will look better in person, or at least in a person's hands. It's tough to judge from just product shots sometimes. That integrated EVF (with peaking??) will be something to see!

The better include a proximity sensor to switch between LCD and EVF. If you are going to do it, then you might as well do it right!

9. Vladimir Byazrov

Vladimir Byazrov New to TalkEmount

Aug 20, 2011
    unless Sony fixes photoshop not supporting ARW files ussue I don't need Sony cameras.

unrelated but...why no rss for this site?

10. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    It's a new site, and I've been mostly working on the forums but will have an RSS for the front page soon!

As for ARW files, Photoshop supports ARW files for all but the newest cameras, and those should be supported before long via Adobe Camera Raw update.

11. rishio

rishio TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 14, 2011
    I think it would look better with the top 1/3 of the camera being silver and the bottom 2/3 black (kind of like the fujifilm x100).. but i'm not complaining :)

12. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    There's a link to our site RSS on the front page now. Here's a direct link: TalkNEX RSS Feed