• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

New Sony just revealed.....A7RIV 61 MP!!!

WNG

TalkEmount Legend
Real Name
Will
Sony Artisan Jason Vong just streamed out the official Sony announcement this morning!
This was unexpected. It looks to be a beast! MSRP: $3,500 USD
:bravo-009:

Tipton

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Rae Leggett
Oh, man. I can replace two cameras with one with this. :thumbup:

And I would really have to upgrade my desktop computer, it barely handles my A7Rii 42mp files now. Or I could shoot in crop mode all the time.

Last edited:

TedG954

Super Moderator
Real Name
Ted Gersdorf
CompleteMeekArrowana-size_restricted.gif
   ---            

TedG954

Super Moderator
Real Name
Ted Gersdorf
Seriously, if it came with power steering and air conditioning, I might think about it.

I have already given close local friends permission to slap the crap out of me if I even start talking about wanting one.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Mike, I think you'd like the A7iii a lot. I'm just getting to know mine.
You're right about needing the GM lenses.
I'm thinking of selling my A7ii to help fund a new lens.

Tipton

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Rae Leggett
It's a good point that you would really need the GM lenses to get the most out of this camera. Of course, that's kind of what Sony is counting on, since this beast is only $3500 at launch. Yeah, that's a lot of money, but not compared to the medium format cameras that have more megapixels.

WNG

TalkEmount Legend
Real Name
Will
I'm confident many of the Sigma Art primes will be sharp enough for 61MP.

Aside: Now we have to wonder, with the new body revision....will the fabled a7000 and A7SIII use this body?

I think there's still two more rumored camera releases to come. One being an RX....
The other I'm betting will be the a7000 (or A6) in this new body. An APS-C version of the A9 sensor, 20 fps, 30 fps electronic, 5.76 EVF, dual S2 slots, 4K60 10-bit in-camera.
$2000-$2500 USD.

I don't think we're going to see the A7SIII/IV till Jan 2020. I suspect they are trying to cram a 16MP global shutter sensor into it.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom