• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

New Sony Flagship A1 Announced

Tipton

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Rae Leggett
I looked at the announcement video - amazing camera, basically unifying the A7 and A9 lines. Would love to have one. But too expensive for enthusiast photography. You have to be actually making money to justify that. (this is not a knock against the camera, or Sony, it is what it is.)

Making exactly € 0 with my photography I'll never be able to justify any serious camera, let alone the A1. But will I get one? Fairly likely so, to me it seems to be the ultimate do-it-all camera. Bonus points for the compressed lossless raw files. No real difficulties expected with the board of management here as this camera is obviously the camera for any grandchildren in our future. And if I'm quick I'll still get a decent trade-in price for my A7R4. Heck, this thing is cheaper than a Leica M10!

Petrochemist

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Mike
I love that this thread, on our beloved Sony enthusiast forum, takes split pants more seriously than the $6500, unobtanium-frame, lightspeed AF, realer-than-life predictive video, catches the shot you didn’t know you wanted, flagship marquis holy grail new camera!
It's not that we wouldn't like an A1, it's just split pants are much more within our field of familiarity.
Baring a very big lottery win I'm likely to have several more pairs of pants split before I stand a chance of getting the A1. :blush:

Tipton

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Rae Leggett
But does the $6500 US wonder camera have GPS? That is the question.. :hmmm:

Biro

TalkEmount Veteran
Something else, I've noted: Purchasing an A1 may mean one has to upgrade lenses. Apparently, some older Sony lenses and most third-party lenses cannot make full use of the camera's 30 fps burst ability.

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
Resolution can factor into it as well. I found even going from 24mp to 42mp some of my legacy glass was perceptibly softer.

I guess if you can afford/justify the camera, you can probably afford/justify the lenses to go with it. Especially professional photographers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom