'New Sigma "DN" Lenses Shipping This Month @ $199ea'

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by RT_Panther, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Well, at least they kept the old (original) price. :)

2. Jefenator

Jefenator TalkEmount Top Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    Oregon, USA
    Jeff
    I just took advantage of one of those Amazon "lightning" deals and got the older 19mm for $100.

I'd say that's a bargain at twice the price! (I have no regrets at all, paying the full $199 for my copy of the 30mm, last summer.)

3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
    And you shouldn't have any.
    Think of all shots that you wouldn't have now if you hadn't made that purchase. :)

4. Nubster

Nubster TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 5, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Chad
    I hope the 60mm isn't too far off those prices. That's the only AF lens I'm interested at the moment.

5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    I have been seriously considering replacing my 16mm Stock lens with one of these.

6. Joel R. Songco

Joel R. Songco New to TalkEmount

Dec 24, 2012
    I replaced my Sony 16mm with a Sigma 19mm and I haven't regretted it one bit. I am extremely happy with the 19mm so much so I'm thinking of getting the 30mm as well.

7. olli

olli TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2011
    Washington DC
    olli
    I think it's greatly to Sigma's credit that they have kept the price the same. Looking at the prices Sony are charging for their lenses I don't think anyone would have been surprised if they had charged more. Add in the lens hood as standard and the padded carry case and Sigma lenses generally represent a great deal.

8. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    +1

9. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Good optics, good barrel design and quality and a cheap price. Seems like a good deal - as long as you don't need faster or ultra wide, of course.