• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

New Samyang AF 35mm 1.4

grillec

TalkEmount Veteran
In 2011 I've bought the non-AF Nikon-version and the IQ seems quite good but it was very big and heavy (if I compare this to a Voigtländer 35mm/1.7 VM the difference is so obvious). Samyang didn't changed the size with the AF-version as it appears. But £599 and a better IQ than the old one could be interesting - it would be my first 35mm focal length AF-lens for the A7.

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
In my opinion, though pricey the Zony 35mm does perform very well. And is very small.

It does look interesting and always good to see the 3rd parties ramp up the competition a bit.

grillec

TalkEmount Veteran
Recently I've heard that the AF of the Samyang 50mm/1.4 and 35mm/2.8 seems not to be very quiet and additionally not very reliable in APS-C mode.
If that is the case than I would have preferred an improved non-AF version (like Samyang Pro for Canon).

NickCyprus

Super Moderator
Real Name
Nick
Received the lens yesterday late in the evening!
Played with it a bit but since I have a wedding coming up next week, I decided to wait to give my impressions after I use it at the event. So, stay tuned ;)
:popcorm2:

Ad Dieleman

Amateur

DigitalD

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
David K Fonseca
Recently I've heard that the AF of the Samyang 50mm/1.4 and 35mm/2.8 seems not to be very quiet and additionally not very reliable in APS-C mode.
If that is the case than I would have preferred an improved non-AF version (like Samyang Pro for Canon).

I own the Rokinon 35mm 2.8 and it's pretty quiet to me. Much quieter than the Sony nifty 50mm 1.8. And it performs fantastic. I'll post some in the showcase soon.

Latest threads

Top Bottom