New Rokinon APSC E-mount lenses: 21mm F/1.4 and 50mm F/1.2

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by jai, Sep 21, 2015.

1. jai

jai TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. jai

jai TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  3. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Nice!!!
    That 50 1.2 looks tempting! I hope more and more 3rd party lenses appear for the E-mount :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. WNG

WNG TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    20-21mm was a popular focal length back in the day under 35mm film format. Some of these lenses still fetch a lot of coin today. But none of them are this fast! The sample images look VERY good. For APS-C Sony, about 31mm; m4/3: 42mm.

5. shnitz

shnitz TalkEmount Regular

Jun 15, 2014
    Nothing strange about 21mm. First of all, there are very old 21mm lenses around. Second, this gives a nice wide angle lens. Most photographers used 35mm lenses back in the day before zooms; many event photographers and photojournalists had it as their go-to lens that can do everything decently. That's why cameras like the RX1 and the Fuji X100 have 35mm equivalent lenses. And consider that there isn't some governing body that enforces a lens focal length. You can have 20 different 50mm lenses from 20 different manufacturers, or even the same lens from different batches and production periods, and find that there is a drift between the actual and the advertised focal length. So if Rokinon was computer-designing this lens, and they found that at 21mm, the lens performed a little better than at 23mm, why not change it? I bet that I could give you a 19mm, 21mm, and 23mm lenses, let you go shoot for a week, and then post your photos up and no one would be able to clearly differentiate. This is basically a 35mm lens for our cameras, minus a tiny amount. Go put an 18-55mm or 16-50mm on your camera and really try to see if you can tell the difference.

6. GateCityRadio

GateCityRadio TalkEmount Regular

Oct 9, 2014
    Kev
    I might have to pre order these, if they are as good as the rokinon 12/2 is that would be amazing. Now I'm just waiting for a fast 35mm (50mm equiv) from them.

7. WNG

WNG TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Kudos to Samyang for offering these lenses. IMO, they are geared for the video market, and the non-geared versions are a bonus.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.