1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New Rokinon APSC E-mount lenses: 21mm F/1.4 and 50mm F/1.2

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by jai, Sep 21, 2015.

1. jai

jai TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. jai

jai TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
  3. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Nice!!!
    That 50 1.2 looks tempting! I hope more and more 3rd party lenses appear for the E-mount :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    20-21mm was a popular focal length back in the day under 35mm film format. Some of these lenses still fetch a lot of coin today. But none of them are this fast! The sample images look VERY good. For APS-C Sony, about 31mm; m4/3: 42mm.

5. shnitz

shnitz TalkEmount Regular

Jun 15, 2014
    Nothing strange about 21mm. First of all, there are very old 21mm lenses around. Second, this gives a nice wide angle lens. Most photographers used 35mm lenses back in the day before zooms; many event photographers and photojournalists had it as their go-to lens that can do everything decently. That's why cameras like the RX1 and the Fuji X100 have 35mm equivalent lenses. And consider that there isn't some governing body that enforces a lens focal length. You can have 20 different 50mm lenses from 20 different manufacturers, or even the same lens from different batches and production periods, and find that there is a drift between the actual and the advertised focal length. So if Rokinon was computer-designing this lens, and they found that at 21mm, the lens performed a little better than at 23mm, why not change it? I bet that I could give you a 19mm, 21mm, and 23mm lenses, let you go shoot for a week, and then post your photos up and no one would be able to clearly differentiate. This is basically a 35mm lens for our cameras, minus a tiny amount. Go put an 18-55mm or 16-50mm on your camera and really try to see if you can tell the difference.

6. GateCityRadio

GateCityRadio TalkEmount Regular

Oct 9, 2014
    Kev
    I might have to pre order these, if they are as good as the rokinon 12/2 is that would be amazing. Now I'm just waiting for a fast 35mm (50mm equiv) from them.

7. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Kudos to Samyang for offering these lenses. IMO, they are geared for the video market, and the non-geared versions are a bonus.