New Playmemories app

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount News and Rumors' started by southy, Dec 17, 2015.

1. southy

southy TalkEmount Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Australia
    Sky HDR app looks like and interesting new addition. I appears to be more than just a HDR app. The app lets you add an adjustable gradient filter in camera and even save the file as RAW which the current in camera HDR can't do.

Sky HDR | PlayMemories Camera Apps

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    Looks interesting. However, I have two problems
    • I don't like the 9.99 price tag.
    • I fell like I may get in trouble for cheating :confused:

3. pbizarro

pbizarro Guest

It's a good option. But I am so used to using GND filters in the field, that I will not change my shooting habits. And, when required, I can also fine tune later on with the gradient tool in LR.

4. unlo

unlo Sony ******

Jan 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Matt
    Yea, Interesting as it looks. I remind myself how often I use the other 9.99$ apps I've purchased. *basically Never.

I'll at least wait for a review from someone before shelling out the dough.

5. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    The one app I have purchased - for time lapse - I do use from time-to-time. I look at some of them and think "why would it matter to do that in-camera?", especially for $10.

I do wish Sony would open up development a bit more. Look at what it did for the smartphone, and PDAs before it. I would imagine there would need to be some constraints so that apps could not do something so stupid as to damage the camera, say by overheating a sensor. Yet it seems it could be more open than it is, and could generate a lot of money for Sony if they took the usual 30%.