New Nex-6 Owner

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by Derichuk, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Derichuk

Derichuk TalkEmount Regular

Dec 5, 2012
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    I finally got on the computer and played with some images. I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew: learning the Nex-6, Flickr, LR4, and shooting only Raw images. I have not really dabbled in photography for ten years so I feel very rusty. Now I have adjusted these photos in LR4 for exposure and such but none of them have been cropped; I am of the belief that a photograph should be framed properly with the camera.

<a href="" title="Dinner by Derichuk, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="680" alt="Dinner"></a>
    Sigma 30mm 2.8 at f2.8

<a href="" title="Bethany at Dinner by Derichuk, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="680" alt="Bethany at Dinner"></a>
    Sigma 30mm 2.8 at f4.5 with Flash

<a href="" title="image by Derichuk, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="684" alt="image"></a>
    Sigma 30mm 2.8 at f2.8 with Flash

<a href="" title="_DSC0197.jpg by Derichuk, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="680" alt="_DSC0197.jpg"></a>
    Nikkor 85mm 1.8d at unkown aperture in the Camera Store as I tested out the Novoflex adapter.

<a href="" title="_DSC0224.jpg by Derichuk, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="680" alt="_DSC0224.jpg"></a>

<a href="" title="_DSC0207.jpg by Derichuk, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="680" alt="_DSC0207.jpg"></a>

<a href="" title="_DSC0205.jpg by Derichuk, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="680" alt="_DSC0205.jpg"></a>
    Nikkor 50mm 1.8d at f8

Hope you enjoy, and thanks for having such a great Nex community! :)
  2. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    Congrats for the nex 6, beautiful photographs, enjoy the group
  3. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Some nice shots here!!! Congrats on the purchase ;)
  4. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Love the photo of the cute kid having a munch :D
  5. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    My, my, you're off to a roaring start !! I like them all very well, the kid on the phone is precious. I share your perception that proper framing is paramount, but often find myself making a slight recrop in Photoshop. OTOH I shoot only jpeg, so I guess that removes a good part of the safery net !
  6. Orange

Orange TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 4, 2013
    It's not Orange!

Congrats on the new camera, you're off to a flying start!
  7. watchman64

watchman64 New to TalkEmount

Jan 7, 2013
    Kuching, Sarawak, MY
    Congrats on your NEX 6, isnt this camera amazing?

8. SRHEdD

SRHEdD TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 25, 2012
    Viera, Florida, USA
    Welcome!! Great shots!
  9. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Congrats on the new camera and welcome to the forum. I'd say you really aren't all that rusty. :)
  10. gio

gio TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    Manchester, uk
    really nice photos, welcome to the board ,being a new member I find it quite enlightening and refreshing at times,look forward to seeing some more of your stuff.
    Don't be too hard on cropping, almost every iconic picture taken since time immemorial has been cropped, it's just another tool to be used, the same as the digital cameras, jpegs, raw image and photo editing software is, the finished product is always what the photo will be judged upon,and there are not many photos that could not be improved with a bit of cropping. good cropping is an art.
    Enjoy the board
  11. Frank Teurlings

Frank Teurlings TalkEmount Regular

Dec 10, 2012
    Welcome, a beautiful entry with these wonderful pictures.
  12. Bruce.B

Bruce.B New to TalkEmount

Sep 9, 2012
    It changes, currently Arizona
    Great shots! And I have to agree with whoever said these shots don't suggest you're all that rusty. :) I think my favorite is your daughter taking a bite of food and the first of the 3 sunrise shots.

Thanks for sharing these.
  13. pauliemacnz

pauliemacnz TalkEmount Rookie

Feb 8, 2013
    That 30mm Sigma is smokin'. Must get one once my 6 arrives!