• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

New NEX-6, 10-18mm, 16-50mm Power Zoom, and 35/1.8 Lenses for Sony NEX

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Overview of the new Sony NEX products by SGNL:
<embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/nNpEOs-aXYM?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">​

Several exciting announcements for the Sony NEX system today:
   ---            

1) Sony NEX-6 officially announced

Key specifications:

-"Fast Hybrid" CDAF/PDAF autofocus system (like NEX-5R) promises good results with AF tracking at up to 10 fps

-Integrated EVF like the NEX-7

-Integrated Wifi like the NEX-5R

-16MP sensor and "only" two control dials distinguish from NEX-7

2) New Sony 16-50mm Power Zoom (PZ) lens:

---            

Key features:

-Much smaller size than prior 18-55mm kit zoom

-Collapsible design which automatically extends when camera powers on

-24-75mm equivalent f/3.5-5.6 with OSS (image stabilization)

-Zoom toggle for smooth zooming during video

3) New 10-18mm (15-27mm equivalent) f/4 OSS ultrawide zoom

---            

4) New 35mm f/1.8 OSS normal lens:

---            

The new compact kit zoom, ultrawide, and fast normal lens go a long way towards establishing Sony NEX as a complete system. It's good to see that Sony is putting image stabilization in all of their lenses, even the normal and wides.

Full coverage of all the latest Sony announcements at 1001 Noisy Cameras

krugorg

TalkEmount Regular
Very cool to see the 35/1.8, love the OSS and, can I say, that I am glad to see these new lenses released in black! :D

Amin Sabet

Administrator
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree. NEX-6 plus the 35/1.8 OSS is very tempting!

Forgot to add: SEL35F18 prime and SEL1018 wide angle lenses will be available this November for about $450 and $850, respectively. SELP1650 power zoom will be available for purchase separately in January for about $350.

Djarum

TalkEmount Rookie
I haven't been interested in Sony at all. But the NEX-6 might change my mind. The format is now smaller with a kit lens, which is exciting. I'm hoping the lens IQ is better than what Panasonic offered for mFT. Looks really promising.

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Oh, I thought you were announcing the Talknex NEX6 givaway, Amin... ;)

Well, I've got my eye on that 10-18mm (15-27mm equivalent) f/4 OSS ultrawide zoom (thankfully NOT a power-zoom I assume) - more so than the NEX6 at this point in time.

Poki

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Yeah, the wide zoom looks nice. Should be a killer for hand-held video due to OSS and if the quality is okay also a great lens for landscapes. Have to save some money and skip my upgrade to a newer NEX body another year though ...

NickCyprus

Super Moderator
Real Name
Nick
-16MP sensor and "only" two control dials distinguish from NEX-7...
Doesn't it also has higher ISO from Nex-7 (25600 vs 16200)? And I think its also 60g lighter than NEX-7...
And isnt the flash on the Nex-7 integrated/build-in?

Top Bottom