1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New member here... 35mm CCTV f/1.7 w/5n

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by hmatick, Oct 2, 2012.

1. hmatick

hmatick TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 30, 2012
    Hey there....My name is John and I'm new to this board.. I've been using a sony nex 5n as my primary camera with great results. I like the fact that its small and compact and video recording is great... I've been documenting my little brothers rise in the music scene. Found out there is a huge market out there for media branding which is what I'm currently doing..I love what I'm doing and really enjoy using the 5n

Here are some promo shots of BUHAY.. BOO-High taken with the 5n and 35mm CCTV 1.7 lens I bought for 35 dollars.. Great buy

DSC09199. DSC09200. DSC09202.

I want to use this blog to meet people with similar interests, bounce ideas back-and-fourth, share tips.... etc

looking forward to hearing from you all..

2. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Hi and welcome John,

Your images look really good.

3. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Welcome hmatick! :)

I really like the low-saturation effect you used on those photos. Did you use one of the 5N's built-in special effect pre-sets or did you post edit?

4. hmatick

Aug 30, 2012
    It was a dark and overcast day.. I had the camera set to sunset scene with everything at -3...I then brought out everything in post with lightroom

@phoenix.. thanks for the compliment! I need to turn good into great! hahaha... I'm still relatively new to digital photography (about a year and half experience) I'm learning something new everyday... Most of my photos are experimental.. I need to lock down the technical aspect...I've taken two college classes in black and white photography. I loved working in the darkroom and really working hard for a quality result.. However, with digital photography everyone is an artist now... Which is a good thing.. I love seeing everyones artistic abilities come to life through photo and video

5. hmatick

Aug 30, 2012
    btw... how do i post a pic underneath my name haha (dumb question.. im full of them)

6. JTM_CR

JTM_CR TalkEmount Regular

Aug 23, 2012
    great work.. i like the gallery what is the name of the blogspot template?

7. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    You need to get past 100 posts before the add photo is enabled...

Btw, had a look at your blogspot... fantastic photos... and your "My Favorite Photo" is my favourite pic too. Man, nothing is cuter than that!! :)

8. hmatick

Aug 30, 2012
    thanks alot dioptrick.. the 5n and a very affordable, powerful camera..
    @jtm_cr im not sure what template I used... it was one of the presets

9. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    Welcome friend, very good pictures, by the way I love your blog :)

10. hmatick

Aug 30, 2012
    @Freddytto... Thanks buddy.. there really is no organization to my blog... (I think thats why I like it.) I need something more professional down the road but I like throwing random photos on that blog.. makes its interesting. I really like your blogs as well mate! keep up the good work!

Thanks,
    John