1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New member from Helsinki, Finland

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by xXx1, Jan 21, 2013.

1. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    Hello from new member from Helsinki, Finland.

I got a Nex-C3 a couple of months ago and I have been very happy with it. I mostly document things with camera but I like to experiment a lot. Here is a photo of a workmate taken with a self made soft focus lens:
    pekka_softfocus.

And yes, I have several manual focus lenses and use mainly them. I even have a foot focus lens (fixed focus, enlarger lens with extension tubes).

2. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Welcome! :)

3. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Welcome ! My family and I were in Finland exactly at this time last year, and we enjoyed it immensely. We stayed near Khumo at Hotel Kalevalla and it was a wonderful experience. Except taking photos is nearly impossible outside as your fingers tend to freeze within a minute of being out f your pockets !!

4. olli

olli TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2011
    Washington DC
    olli
    Hello and welcome.

5. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    There is huge difference with temperatures and snow in Finland. Here in Helsinki -30 C is pretty uncommon (though last Friday night was a such one) but that is not so uncommon in northern Finland. I was hoping to get a picture of smoke freezing this winter but no luck, I was visiting my parents then and there are no big electricity plants there. I have walked to work in -42 C. There has been unusually much snow this year, before Christmas 68 cm in Helsinki-Vantaa airport. About 40 cm did come in tree days.

Bigger problem is light, it is pretty dark outside and sun is low so it isn't easy to to take pictures. Things are going to be better in about a month.

6. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    I remember where we stayed is at the extreme East of Finland, close to the Russian border. The Husky operation we toure with was actually located in a former border patrol building. One of the most amazing experience I ever had. My husband went it all sure he would enjoy the snowmobile a lot, but it was nothing compared to the beauty and uniqueness of the dog sled.

[​IMG]

7. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    welcome ....;)

8. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    That was an unforgettable experience, of course I would be happy donĀ“t matter if my fingers was frozen. Beautiful pic Nyanis