1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

New lens acquisition - Helios 44-2 2/58 M42 thread, unmounted at the moment.......

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by markoneswift, Oct 17, 2012.

1. markoneswift

markoneswift TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 17, 2012
  2. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    9.99 ?! You're not serious are you ?? Damn, seems like all French and German mirrorless users are thoroughly aware of lenses worth, we could not find prices remotely as cheap in either country...

3. markoneswift

Oct 17, 2012
    Yes indeed my friend, 9.99 GBP. I find that increasingly, prices on Ebay are rising for stuff like this so I tend to hunt local pawn shops and second hand shops for items like this. Often, these shops have no idea what they have actually got for sale. The guy I bought the Zenit-E from thought I was joking when I said I wanted the lens and was going to throw the body in the trash......

4. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Yes, this is what I love about the UK, antiques are seen as table-top decor mostly, not many of the dealers are (yet) aware of the reusability of legacy lenses on NEX cameras. Also similar in South Africa - I need to revisit either as soon as possible! (I didn't have a NEX back then :()

5. dixeyk

dixeyk TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    I love the Helios 44. It's built like a tank and heavy as all get out but man you can make some gorgeous images with it. I have the 44M and it's terrific.

6. markoneswift

Oct 17, 2012
    My initial impressions are good, I'm waiting anxiously for the adapter....