• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

New here!

ohaya

TalkEmount Regular
Hi,

I am new here (obviously)... My trip so far was with Pentax SLRs and DSLRs, then M43 (mostly Oly), then Fuji, then Canon, then Nikon. All (other than the M43) have been APS-C, but I have been curious about full-frame for awhile, and I decided I want to try Sony FF. I've been waiting for the A7 IV to be available, and I was hoping to hold out until that happened, but recently decided to get an A7 (mk 1 :)) to get started, and I found this forum, so I thought I'd join.

Thanks!

Jim

WoodWorks

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
:Welcome: Welcome, ohaya! I too started with the A7 when I migrated from µ4/3 to Sony FF. My guess is you're going to love it. But the advances in auto-focus, dynamic range, and resolution in the more recent models will probably amaze you. Post some shots when you've taken any you'd like to share. And feel free to pepper us with questions. Some here have already forgotten more than I've ever learned. :D

Welcome! And I agree with David @WoodWorks, the A7 is an excellent camera and at the same time Sony made huge progress with its successors. I still have my A7 (bought in 2013) and it's still working fine even though I mistreated it once (removing the display cover glue with acetone, which also started to dissolve the buttons near the display :eek: ).

Latest threads

Top Bottom