New here

Jeep Captain

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Jeff
Hi everyone. I'm Jeff from northwest Indiana.

I just pulled the trigger on a Sony a6300 with two kit lenses. I've been on the fence for quite some time. I'll be using this as my everyday carry around camera. I also have a Nikon D7200 with a collection of glass.

chalkdust

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Bert Cheney
My wife has the (older) A6000 and I use the A7ii. We get to share batteries. Enjoy your new camera. You will be able to get some great images with it.

There is a ton of information and experience on this forum and we keep it amazingly friendly. Welcome!

So do we call you "Jeep" or "Captain" or keep it formal, "Jeep Captain"? I am going out on limb here and guessing you also have a Jeep....

Jeep Captain

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Jeff
My wife has the (older) A6000 and I use the A7ii. We get to share batteries. Enjoy your new camera. You will be able to get some great images with it.

There is a ton of information and experience on this forum and we keep it amazingly friendly. Welcome!

So do we call you "Jeep" or "Captain" or keep it formal, "Jeep Captain"? I am going out on limb here and guessing you also have a Jeep....
Captain works for me....No I'm not a Captain. I once made a reference in front of several friends that I was the Capatin on my ship. That didn't work out too well with my wife...She's the Admiral. LOL!
We've owned several Jeep's over the years but none are in our garage at this time.

Kmac76

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Kevin
Welcome and enjoy all of the images and info/advice/opinions of the the TalkEmount community. Time to post some pix...

I am on an a6000 w/sel24240, 90mm macro g oss, 50mm or the kit 16-55 lenses... lots of great photogs on here and most, if not all, share positive feedback and advice...

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Welcome Jeff.
Get yourself an adapter for those Nikon lenses and you can really have some fun with your new camera.
Look forward to seeing your images.

bdbits

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Bob
:Welcome:

I think you'll find it's a friendly bunch here.

My wife drove a Liberty for 12 years, someone t-boned her so now she has a Patriot. Currently lusting after a Sahara I cannot afford without going into debt. Great vehicles all around.

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
Permission to come aboard, granted Captain! :) Welcome!
Enjoy the a6300, you'll have a blast with it. Learn to embrace the liveview EVF, pick up a few extra batts and a double-charger, and explore the world of adapted legacy lenses.
Mirrorless makes photography so much fun again.

newst

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Steve New
Welcome to the club. As has been mentioned you will find the group quite collegial. If you are interested in the latest Sony tech, the use of adapted lenses, photographic technique or just looking at images, there are friendly people here willing to share their expertise.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
And one of us, yours truly, is even willing to share his ineptness with you. FOR FREE even!

Jeep Captain

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Jeff
One of the first photos with my a6300. So far, I'm still learning having come from Nikon d7200 DSLR.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom