1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

New forum option for lazy loading images

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Amin Sabet, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    I wanted to call attention to a new user option which you can find in your account preferences:

https://www.talkemount.com/account/preferences

Enabling lazy loading of images may be helpful if you have a slow internet connection or limited data plan. By default, all images for a given thread page are loaded when the page loads.

With lazy loading, the images aren't loaded until they are about to enter the visible part of the screen. This saves you from using data to load an image that you are not going to view.

We experimented with lazy loading in the past. Some liked it, others not. Now it is an optional setting, so everyone can choose for themself.

I also encourage everyone to look at all the options on that preferences page. There's some cool stuff there you may have missed!

Let me know if you have any questions or comments!

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    That's cool. Just turned it on and we'll see.

Should be nice when viewing extensive image posts/threads and there is a new comment at the end, so the whole page won't reload just for a few seconds worth of reading.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    I think lazy loading is going to be a win for most members, so I went ahead and made it enabled by default.

If you don't like lazy loading (it can cause page stuttering or incorrect page location after clicking on links), you can change the setting to "No" at any time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    It works well, thanks Amin!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  5. Mus Aziz