New Converter here

orlcam88

TalkEmount Regular
Hello members!

I'm a recent converter to Sony. I was a Canon user for many years starting with film but decided to switch to the A7R ii. Mostly due to waiting for Canon to come out with a decent mirror-less body and my old hands can't handle the weight any longer. I also moved from a cropped-body to a full-frame.

My first lens is the 24-70mm f4 but I'm going to switch to the 24-105mm whenever that's available.

Catmurphy

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Cathy Murphy
If you have any EF lenses, I am happily using them on my Sony FF with a Metabones adapter. With a different adapter, even using my ancient FD lenses.

bdbits

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Bob
:Welcome: And congratulations on your purchase.

That 24-105 does look to be a pretty great lens. Hard to find in stock yet, but they are out there.

serhan

TalkEmount All-Pro
Welcome! You can still use some of your Canon lenses with the af adapters. I still have a couple lenses which can be usable on Sony and m43... Of course native lenses are better...

fractal

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Chris
Hello members!

I'm a recent converter to Sony. I was a Canon user for many years starting with film but decided to switch to the A7R ii. Mostly due to waiting for Canon to come out with a decent mirror-less body and my old hands can't handle the weight any longer. I also moved from a cropped-body to a full-frame.

My first lens is the 24-70mm f4 but I'm going to switch to the 24-105mm whenever that's available.
Welcome!

Mus Aziz

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Mus
Hello members!

Welcome to Talkemount :Welcome:

sam

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
sam_men
Welcome.

I too have Canon systems and lenses.
They sit on the shelf, rarely getting used.
Currently shooting with Sony Nex 5R, and using some of the EF(S) lenses as well as mostly manual focus lenses,(majority of the time). Waiting for February, when my Sony A7R2 arrives in my hands, and into the Fullframe digital game.

The fine group of photographers here really go beyond what you expect when it comes time ask questions or get opinions.

Enjoy your new Sony and your time here.

johnson4096

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Dan Johnson
I went from an EOS 60D to a Sony NEX-6 and haven't looked back. The Canon was great but my wrists are shot and the lighter weight of the Sony is much appreciated and the lenses I have (2 kits, 1 Zeiss) are as good as the Canons I had. No regrets.

WestOkid

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Gary
My man Orlando has finally made it!!!

Guys ( @WoodWorks, @WNG , @Mus Aziz , @fractal, et al ) Orlando and I go way back. We're both in IT and at one point he was my project lead. He's been at photography long before I have, so he helped me get into it and I in-turn helped convince him to ditch the mirror. :)

So bottom line is... he's a friend, a great guy, and a great photographer. He will certainly be a great addition to the forum.

orlcam88

TalkEmount Regular
:Welcome: And congratulations on your purchase.

That 24-105 does look to be a pretty great lens. Hard to find in stock yet, but they are out there.
My man Orlando has finally made it!!!

Guys ( @WoodWorks, @WNG , @Mus Aziz , @fractal, et al ) Orlando and I go way back. We're both in IT and at one point he was my project lead. He's been at photography long before I have, so he helped me get into it and I in-turn helped convince him to ditch the mirror. :)

So bottom line is... he's a friend, a great guy, and a great photographer. He will certainly be a great addition to the forum.

Thanks Gary!!!
I'm still waiting for availability on this lens!

orlcam88

TalkEmount Regular
I went from an EOS 60D to a Sony NEX-6 and haven't looked back. The Canon was great but my wrists are shot and the lighter weight of the Sony is much appreciated and the lenses I have (2 kits, 1 Zeiss) are as good as the Canons I had. No regrets.
That was the other reason for switching. I come home from a day of shooting and I have to put ice on my wrist!

orlcam88

TalkEmount Regular
Welcome! You can still use some of your Canon lenses with the af adapters. I still have a couple lenses which can be usable on Sony and m43... Of course native lenses are better...
I ended up selling my equipment to keh. I needed to get the new 100-400mm GM. I took some test shots today, hand held and it's awesome. I didn't have good lighting but that's what I wanted to test to see if it can handle it without shake. It passed the test!

chalkdust

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Bert Cheney
What a nice kit! (Welcome - (don't know how I missed welcoming you earlier!) - ) The 100 - 400 sounds awesome. I look forward to seeing some of your images. enjoy!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom