New Announcement Tomorrow 9.12.17

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount News and Rumors' started by Bryan Jefferies, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Bryan Jefferies

Bryan Jefferies TalkEmount Regular

Jul 20, 2016
    Texarkana, TX.
    Bryan Jefferies
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. firemist

firemist TalkEmount Regular

Dec 4, 2015
    The Shadow Knows....

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Same here :)

4. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    An A7III would be nice. More to the point it, would be something I would consider, but the recent trends say it's more likely to be an expensive 400mm prime I can't afford.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    If its an A7iii and has dual card slot and basically a mini A9, then my credit card will be in trouble :biggrin:

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur Subscribing Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Mine is hoping to get released from intensive care within a month or so. If nothing interesting shows up in the meantime. But seriously, I now have the A7 and A7R2 and even I would give a new A7 with a focus joystick a good look, if they manage to make enough other improvements as well, like AF that locks in faster and other ergonomic things I never can think of but want them when I see them. For almost all my stuff I easily can work with 24 MP, my hard drives and cloud storage are really strained, even when using compressed raws.

These days we have to build our own cameras, assigning functions to buttons and menus as we see fit. Imagine getting an A7 from someone, you simply don't know how it works. I'm still waiting for a camera with buttons that show the functions assigned to them, like a mini-display in or next to it.

Other things I'd like to see on a new camera, in other words things that annoy me on the A7R2:
    • A one-button click to switch peaking on and off
    • A one-button click to go to max. magnification
    • A third live-view setting that keeps the aperture closed but shows a bright view while underexposing (I prefer manual focussing, can you tell? :))
    • Fast response in catching the subject in AF Wide; the A7R2 is way to slow for street photography.
    • Fast response when magnifying pictures in review mode
    • Light and small, like the original A7. Heaven forbid they're going to make the A9 format a standard, I don't care about a large battery, dual card slots and what not; if you want that, there's an A9.
    • Reduced-resolution raw file options
    • Full-res 14-bit output without noise penalty in (some of the) continous modes; I'd like to be able to use continous bracketing for HDR pictures without a noise penalty!
    • And while I'm at it, I hope Sony does away with the two-speed approach for manual focussing on their lenses, it annoys the heck out of me. Handle a good manual focus lens, ah what a relief!
    Make no mistake, I'm very happy with my A7's. They're by far the best cameras I've ever had and are able to deliver breathtaking image quality.

From the rumor mills I get the impression we won't see a new (F)E camera but most probably a few lenses. Which is not bad of course, but I'm still waiting for the announcement that Sony finally manages to get lens production quality under control.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  7. chalkdust

chalkdust TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 25, 2015
    Bert Cheney
    I am hereby officially giving Ad Dieleman my proxy vote in the Most Wanted New Features Committee. What he said.....

• Funny Funny x 5
  8. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Whatever it is, I would like it to be cheaper than it is.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Arutemu

Arutemu TalkEmount Regular

Jun 11, 2015
    I want an 24-300mm with constant aperture f/1.4...

Oh, why did I have to wake up?...

• Funny Funny x 6
  10. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    Yes!!! No more carrying around tons of lenses!!! It would look something like this but with a Sony GM logo and a rubberized zoom ring.
    068c9a24c570ca6c2cdbbc3fbd0b7741.

• Funny Funny x 8
  11. Tipton

Tipton TalkEmount Regular

Jan 30, 2016
    Rae Leggett
    GPS. :026:

Of course, since I just bought a (barely used) A7R2, I'm not in the market for anything. I just suffer lensvy in silence.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Hawkman

Hawkman TalkEmount All-Pro

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    Well, they did announce a new 24-600mm (equiv.) lens...
    ...on the new RX10 Mk.IV.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Now with no A7iii on the horizon do I buy an A7ii or a 24-70 2.8 GM with the money I've saved (for the A7iii) :D

14. addieleman

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Just look at that guy's muscles! :D

15. fractal

fractal TalkEmount Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Southeastern PA
    Chris
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    You know, I feel like I've been once again "fouled" by the rumor frenzy...I know, its my mistake for letting it happen. I'm just tired of playing the waiting game.
    Sometimes I wonder if those are promoted from Sony themselves to keep us on the loop...

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. addieleman

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Well, SonyAlphaRumors was quite off the mark this time.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. WNG

WNG TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    SonyAlphaRumors == Alex Jone's InFoWars :rolleyes-20:

• Funny Funny x 3