New A7S III or A9 II rumors

addieleman

Passionate amateur
Real Name
Ad Dieleman
Well, I'd be interested in an A9 Mark II if it would have the A7R4's user interface, functions and finder and the A9's AF performance. It would be a good step-up from the A7R2 I have now, for situations where AF is important; the A7R2's AF is just not fast enough for impromptu street shooting.

WoodWorks

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
I might be inclined to upgrade my (A7RII) body when I eventually manage to break it. But until then I’d much rather spend my mad money on better lenses. So far nothing the new cameras offer has made it onto my “must have” list.

bdbits

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bob
I think it will either be an A7Siii, or an A9ii with a feature set to make an A7Siii unnecessary, essentially merging the two.

It's not that I don't want to upgrade from my A7ii. I keep waiting for things to settle down so I can pick which used last-generation body to buy. :D

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
I have more than enough camera in my A7iii to last my lifetime.

firemist

TalkEmount Veteran
It will be A9II. It's the Olympics in Tokyo next summer - so we get to see a new professional sports body Nikon D6, new Canon (whatever they call it) and now Sony ditto. Happens every 4 years like clockwork (at least Canikon). Supposed to be released mid-October. Price? I'll say under $5,000 but not by much.

Ziggy99

TalkEmount Veteran
The D6 announcement was of development, not release. Typical Nikon. Just designed to keep your money in your pocket.

Can't say how rational Sony's product management is, but what's the hole in their lineup? Not a SaW tool I would've said. (Sports and wildlife).

Sony's problem is already product differentiation worsened by a confusing naming regime.

Drd1135

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Steve
Amin’s link said one this thing that I hadn’t thought of but agree with. There hasn’t been much call for a new A9. There aren’t as many owners but those that are seem really happy. They could always upgrade the EVF. Still, it seems to have lived up to its roll as flagship.

SamSS

TalkEmount Veteran
Am I the only one thinking the a9 pro body is not "rugged" enough for professional usage? 10% overall body increase would be suffice.

Amin Sabet

Administrator
I bought a used A9 for an extremely good price, and I can't see any reason why I would every upgrade unless it breaks.

bdbits

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bob
I would not conflate size with ruggedness (durability? maybe I misunderstand). Nor do I at all want to see Sony bodies grow to DSLR sizes. Personal preference, of course.

JonathanF2

TalkEmount All-Pro
Am I the only one thinking the a9 pro body is not "rugged" enough for professional usage? 10% overall body increase would be suffice.
The Nikon Z6 isn't much bigger than any A7/R III or A9, but it has significantly better ergonomics while fitting in a top LED and larger grip. Sony really needs to put more space between the lens mount and grip. They're still using camera size dimensions thinking it's 2014 when the A7 mk.I was released!

bdbits

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bob
The current bodies are already somewhat larger than the original, or so I've read as I never had the original A7. Also just from reading, the A7R4 supposedly has that bit of extra space between mount and grip. You just need to upgrade again, Jonathan. :biggrin:

JonathanF2

TalkEmount All-Pro
The current bodies are already somewhat larger than the original, or so I've read as I never had the original A7. Also just from reading, the A7R4 supposedly has that bit of extra space between mount and grip. You just need to upgrade again, Jonathan. :biggrin:
I'm at a crossroad actually, if Techart upgrades the firmware on their TZE-01 E to Z adapter to work with Samyang lenses, I might very well go to the Z side! :D

It looks like the A7R IV is wider, but the Z6/Z7 still has better space management in that regards:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom