New a6000 firmware update doesn't make any sense.

Akanbi Olalekan

New to TalkEmount
Good day sir/ma.
I'm really happy to be here to learn more from you all.
Please, to find not see any reason why Sony company will bring out a firmware update that will not add value or meet the expectations of the users. I was even thinking that they will improve on video and completely solve over heating problem.

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
Good day sir/ma.
I'm really happy to be here to learn more from you all.
Please, to find not see any reason why Sony company will bring out a firmware update that will not add value or meet the expectations of the users. I was even thinking that they will improve on video and completely solve over heating problem.
The a6000 is an older platform, using a much less powerful system architecture. One can not expect a software/firmware update to bring it up to the current specifications of an a6400, for example. The current firmware updates to the a6000 has more to do with compatibility with new E-mount lens releases. There may be some small operational improvements and bug fixes, but to overcome issues that are inherent to the components used, is unrealistic. ie. better video (codec is hardwired into the ASIC.) or overheating (basic power consumption due to size of the chip technology used.).
If you have an overheating a6000 and want to address it.....there is a Youtube video explaining how to modify the a6000 by adding a silicone heatsink pad to remove heat from the processor to the body.

MWhite

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Mike
WNG (Will) is certainly correct about the a6000. It is an older camera with older hardware; there are limits to what Sony can do to update it. You might consider taking a look at Mark Galer's new eBook on custom a6000 settings. Perhaps you can set it up so that it better suits you. Although I do not own an a6000, I have found Galer's videos and eBooks very helpful in making better use of my A7III. A6000 Custom Settings eBook - Mark Galer

Akanbi Olalekan

New to TalkEmount
Thanks sir.i can now understand, though I'm so familiar with a6000, it is the camera I'm currently using for pay job when it come to HD Video.

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
Thanks sir.i can now understand, though I'm so familiar with a6000, it is the camera I'm currently using for pay job when it come to HD Video.
If you are handy, you can attempt the heatsink pad modification. According to the maker of the youtube video, this eliminated the overheat issue and his a6000 was able to shoot videos continuously. If you're shooting professionally, this may be worth doing.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom