1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Need Wacom or similar recommendation for photo editing/compositions

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by shaolin95, May 8, 2016.

1. shaolin95

shaolin95 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    Hello!
    I am trying to learn compositions like Adrian Sommeling and was wondering which Wacom or similar product you guys are using to help with your editing process.
    Trying to keep it as cheap as possible while not getting just a useless junk of course. Best bang for buck approach here. :D

Is this for example, to cheap to work good?
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B010LHRFYU..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1RPVAGSG46AA0AJQXGE8

2. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    I'm using a Wacom Bamboo thing that cost me something like € 60; so far I'm only doing mask editing in Photoshop with it. However, I'm also eager to learn from others what the best options are as I feel I'm just a beginner in this area.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alex66

Alex66 TalkEmount Regular

Dec 23, 2014
    I would not get a tablet that is less than 10x8 inches for doing photo work, I use one all the time for the various composites I create as an example Untitled Document. I use this http://www.amazon.com/Perixx-PERITA...&qid=1462777122&sr=8-2&keywords=perixx+tablet but I notice its not available new any more. It works perfectly and as a low cost option I can firmly recommend it, to give you some idea the use of a tablet has reduced the time cutting the characters out by about a factor of four.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mattia

mattia TalkEmount Regular

Dec 13, 2013
    I have a large Huon H610 (I think that's the number), and it's very affordable, very good resolution, nice large working area and specs that compare very well with higer end WACOM products. Bit fiddly to install initally, but now works like a charm with Adobe suite products

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. shaolin95

shaolin95 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    Thanks guys! I will look into those. I see that H610 even says 2048 pressure levels. Gonna read on those options to get one but looks like it surely is the right step for me to get one. :)

6. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    I have the Huion H610 too. The pen isn't very good but there is a rechargeable one available that seems to be thinner. It is inexpensive too at 13 € from Ebay.

I don't know how good the tablet is for drafting or drawing but it is completely ok for me for photo editing. Unfortunately I have no time for photography or photo editing now.

7. lenshoarder

lenshoarder TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 7, 2012
    I would suggest something like a Windows Surface Pro tablet. In many ways, it's like having a small Wacom Cintiq. I've used both. A Cintiq is many thousands. A Windows Surface Pro is several hundred. The SP2 can be found in the $300-$400 range. I would get the older SP2 over the SP3/SP4 because it uses a Wacom pen. The newer system has it's pluses and minuses in comparison. The SP2 is tried and true Wacom.

I find it much more intuitive to draw on a screen.

8. lenshoarder

lenshoarder TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 7, 2012
  9. Alex66

Alex66 TalkEmount Regular

Dec 23, 2014
    Im intrigued does it work as a separate pc and unlike the other tablets properly load Photoshop? Although I am used to the mac eco system well OsX it looks like an ideal travel option, I may have to try it out.

10. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    The Microsoft Surface Pro runs Windows, so you can run anything that runs on Windows including Photoshop.