Need some help/advice...

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
I'm shooting a quilt my wife made and she's not liking the colors of the images that come out of the camera.
Here's my setup (literally just turned around and shot this from my desk with an SD1000):
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Would it help the camera see the colors better if I were to change the background to black?
Here is what is coming out of the camera:

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.
Shooting with my A7ii w/Nikkor 24 and also I tried my Sony FE 2/28 on Intelligent Auto.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Here's a shot using my Micro-Nikkor 55.

Edit after posting - Wow, that back drop cloth looks PINK in that shot! ????

mattia

TalkEmount Veteran
Have you tried a simple white balance (eyedropper on that pink background) in your editor of choice? Otherwise, if you know what color temp that light is, set that manually, or simply set it on the backdrop without the quilt.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
My very rudimentary editor only has an eye dropper that uses a grey for the adjustment, ie 'Pick a pixel that should be grey'.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Here's the same quilt shot against a black back drop.

Personally I think it's a pretty good representation of the colors. HER mileage may vary as they say.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
And here is a SOOC jpg that my D7000 w/Nikkor 24 saw...

I think too much of the yellow paint in the room is being reflected onto the quilt.

dbmiller

TalkEmount All-Pro
My very rudimentary editor only has an eye dropper that uses a grey for the adjustment, ie 'Pick a pixel that should be grey'.
Then use a grey back drop, so you can white balance with your editor? Or shoot a grey card first with the same lighting and use that to know the settings needed for the quilt.

bdbits

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bob
I agree that it is most likely a white balance issue. If it's the room, perhaps you could rig up something to block side light from coming into the scene. Otherwise, you'll have to adjust it manually in camera, or fix it in post.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom