1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Need Help!!! Rokinon Replacement Front Cap

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by MySonyNex-5R, Mar 16, 2013.

1. MySonyNex-5R

MySonyNex-5R TalkEmount Regular

Feb 20, 2013
    Morgan Hill, California
    PhatMR
    I just received my Rokinon 8mm F/2.8 Fish-Eye Lens. Took it outdoors for the first time and lost my Front Cap. I don't know if it fell off the lens or fell out of my pocket. I have looked high and low all over the Internet with no success in finding a replacement. Anyone know where I might be able to find one? thanks in advance image. image. the cap looks exactly like this but it says Rokinon instead of Samyang. I don't mind purchasing a knock off version or even a Samyang cap.

2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    tried ebay or amazon yet

3. MySonyNex-5R

Feb 20, 2013
    Morgan Hill, California
    PhatMR
    I have tried both with no success. Purchased lens from B&H So plan on calling then tomorrow in hopes they carry it. Planning on purchasing a spare just in case. Such bad luck but I do enjoy this new lens

4. zhezhang

zhezhang New to TalkEmount

Mar 16, 2013
    There is a thread at Flicker discussing the lost of a 8mm F/3.5. Not sure it is the same size though.

Flickr: Discussing Replacement Lens Cap? in 8mm f/3.5 Fish-eye

and a link in UK
    Samyang 8mm f3.5 Fisheye Lens Cap - UK Digital

5. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    As an emergency replacement, look for a plastic bottle of the appropriate size and cut the bottom off the bottle and use that. A little tape for friction and you should be good to go until you can find a real one.

6. MySonyNex-5R

Feb 20, 2013
    Morgan Hill, California
    PhatMR
  7. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    Sorry, can't help you. I generally find lens caps in my washing machine.

8. Christina

Christina New to TalkEmount

Dec 28, 2015
    Christina Walter
    I'm looking for a replacement lens cap as well. I purchased a used Rokinon fish eye and it didn't come with a cap. No luck on Amazon or eBay. Very frustrating.

9. Mus Aziz

Mus Aziz TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2015
    Mus
    Try contacting the manufacturer.

The reason I'm suggesting this is because a couple of years ago I lost the lens cap of my Sony RX1. Those who have owned an RX1 or RX1R know that the lens cap is metal, and quite different from the cheap plastic caps. I went to the local Sony agent who were not really keen to help. I emailed Sony HQ in Japan and made quite a fuss about it. Lo and behold, a new lens cap arrived in the post 2 weeks later!

I know Sony as a company maybe different to Samyang....but who knows? Worth a try me thinks. ;)

10. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    • Informative Informative x 2