Need help choosing right trigger/receiver for my lighting setup please

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by shaolin95, Jul 12, 2015.

1. shaolin95

shaolin95 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    Hello!
    So I have decided to go with one AlienBee B800 and then add Yongnuo 560 III.
    Now for the Yongnuos I need to decided if I buy the YN560-TX transmitter or if I buy a 560 IV which has the transmitter already built in in order to have an on camera flash as well (not sure if that is even a good idea).

Now either way, to trigger the AlienBee I will need a receiver so I was thinking on the RF-603 but that is where I got confused. There is 603 II C1, C3, etc.
    BTW, I am buying everything for Canon based on videos I saw of people recommending that for our Sony..
    In any case, I will need a cable form the receiver to the AlienBee so that is where I am a bit more confused.
    Thanks for any help!

2. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    Rf-603 models are camera specific, will work with any flash. You will need adapter from rf-603 to the flash however.

3. Tony Burns

Tony Burns TalkEmount Rookie

Jan 7, 2016
    Delaware, United States of America
    Tony Burns
    My current speedlight setup is very similar to what you have above and includes two Yongnuo YN560-IIIs, a YN560-TX, and an RF-603 connected via PC cable to my Einstein E640. The YN560-TX works great as a controller for all three lights. I plan on getting an additional Einstein soon though, so I'll probably be replacing the YN560-TX with a Cyber Commander when that happens. Otherwise, I think that the YN560-TX is perfect for this setup.

• Informative Informative x 1