Near miss deal, Sony A7 body for $398.

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by lenshoarder, Apr 24, 2016.

1. lenshoarder

lenshoarder TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 7, 2012
    It's still listed but won't let me order. It's just sitting there to taunt me. :( A new FF body for $400. That's a new low.

Sony A7

Update: Adorama says it's a price error and is canceling all orders.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    :eek:
    Surely that must be a mistake, right?

3. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    This is a mistake or Adorama is in trouble. Notice they have the same camera for the correct price too (Sony A7). Adorama is an authorized Sony dealer. Sony sets the price so all authorize dealers have basically the same price give or take a couple of dollars. The only way dealers get around this is to offer free add-ons (memory cards, bags, filters, etc) to sweeten the deal. They cannot undercut the price Sony sets. The guys at B&H and Best buy have explained this to me many times. In fact if you show them a cheaper price the first thing they will tell you is that it is not from an authorized dealer. Even worse is that Adorama is advertising this low price publicly. Believe me it is a mistake. If not, you will see it at the Sony site and every other Authorized dealer soon.

4. Jefenator

Jefenator TalkEmount Top Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    Oregon, USA
    Jeff
    New???!!!! Holy cow...
    I'm holding out for the next generation, but at the price, I'm almost tempted to back order it and hold them to their mistake. :D

5. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    I tried. the site won't let you:(

6. lenshoarder

Feb 7, 2012
    Keep trying. A few minutes ago it was back in stock. I added it to my cart 3 times but couldn't check out in time and it was removed. Adorama seems to be putting up a few for sale in each bundle periodically. I chased it from the $398 to the $435 to the $509 bundle. I could have gotten the $509 bundle but I didn't want to pay $100 for LR since I already have that. So I let it go.

7. JonathanF2

JonathanF2 TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2014
    $400 for an FF camera? Totally worth it!

8. lenshoarder

Feb 7, 2012
    In stock right now!!!! I just picked one up!

9. JonathanF2

JonathanF2 TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2014
    I wonder if you can call B&H to price match?

10. lenshoarder

Feb 7, 2012
    Can't today. Passover. As others have noted, Sony pricing is fixed. I doubt Adorama has a $700 rebate for this out of their own pocket, so it must be a Sony rebate. I fully expect it to spread to other retailers. So B&H might have this pricing when they reopen. This is what happened when the NEX 6 went on clearance. It started at B&H and in the next few days spread to all the other retailers. I guess this must mean that the A7 is on it's way out.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    I suspect this is a mistake too.
    Went through similar instances on Amazon, Newegg, etc. And the order/processing was later invalidated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jefenator

Jefenator TalkEmount Top Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    Oregon, USA
    Jeff
    I wonder if this is a sign that the A7 will be discontinued soon (and that a 7iii will be coming down the line).

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. lenshoarder

Feb 7, 2012
    Adorama says it's a price error and is canceling all orders.

• Like Like x 1