1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Nature's fireworks

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by bdbits, Jul 12, 2016.

1. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    Took this on the 4th of July, which is kind of a big deal here in the US. It was a perfect night for man-made fireworks, but the sunset before the festivities was amazing. My photo does not do it justice. The power plant stacks are about 15 miles away as the crow flies. One could argue they detract from the scene, but I think they add some scale.

I think this was with my Contax G45, but could have been the G90. I have not manipulated this much - cropped, lightly tweaked exposure, contrast, levels and highlight recovery.

2016.07.04_20.44.00_DSC00923.

• Like Like x 6
  2. bdbits

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    I could not decide between these two, so I thought what the heck, I'll post them both. This one is uncropped, mostly the same adjustments.

2016.07.04_20.40.57_DSC00920.

• Like Like x 6
  3. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    FWIW, the 2nd one is my Fav...seems more alive or something being closer

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  4. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Hm, FWIW I think I like the 1st one better. There's a pleasing symmetry between the upper and lower shadow areas. But hey, they're both good! :D

5. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Beautiful colors and setting!

6. bdbits

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    Funny - these reasons for preferring each are the same reasons I could not decide between them. :)

Thanks for the kind words. And you, too, Will.