1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Nature Never Disappoints...

Discussion in 'Nature' started by roundball, Apr 26, 2014.

1. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    So up at 4:15, and after being in place a couple hours, I had a good sandwich, a big cup of hot soup, and like a hammer the fatigue hits me…can’t hold my eyes open…decided I’d just “rest them” for 30 seconds. When I opened them 10 minutes later, this is what was staring at me.

My heart rate went into high gear when I saw this in the decoys...and in the quiet, still woods the shutter going off seemed very loud, the head snapped around to see what the noise was, got nervous, exited stage left...no beard, no shoot...but it made the day. Never heard a gobble from first light until 1:00pm…will try again Monday.

• Like Like x 2
  2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Well at least you got one kind of shot.

3. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Things always seem to happen during a good nap. ;) Nicely done. :)

4. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    I had forgotten and left the camera menu set up for normal single shoot mode...forgot to switch it back to "remote control" when setting up before daylight this morning...woke up, saw that 'fan', grabbed the remote and got nothing.
    Dropped the remote and reached to the camera body sitting on a tripod at an award angle in the little camo blind, trying not to disturb it's preset focus area, and managed to get a couple of decent snapshots.