Nature does not disappoint.....while out Turkey hunting this morning,

Discussion in 'Nature' started by roundball, Apr 18, 2014.

1. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    I managed to get these 3 deer on video...a Doe and her 2 yearlings stepped into camera view while I was out turkey hunting with my Flintlock this morning. Decoys are 25 yards away, deer stepped out at 75 yards, then came closer. Something kept bothering them as they kept looking towards the old country road about 150-200 yards away…I couldn’t see that angle, figured somebody was walking along.

Sony NEX-7, Canon FD50-135/3.5@f8.0, ISO400, Shutter 1/200

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JYnIZrC7U0

2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Never know what may wander by.

3. Zanner

Zanner TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    Wisconsin, USA
    Suzanne
    What's sad is that I got all excited about seeing the green meadow. I see deer all the time up here in WI, but there is not a green speck to be found. Made me shed a tear of joy... ;)

Beautiful video all around!

4. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Yes, grew up on a farm in the Adirondacks and plenty of snow...left home for the Viet Nam war...have lived in southern states ever since.
    Not many things prettier than a nice big wet flake 6" snowfall but I don't want to live in that climate full time, LOL

I'm just getting into trying my hand at beginner's video using the feature on my NEX-7...a lot to learn.
    I think the novelty of this surprise video opportunity today helps "carry" it but to be honest I know the IQ is not what it should be.

For example, the IQ of the video I import from the NEX-7 using Sony's PMB software hits my PC as a .m2ts file and it is very sharp, outstanding.
    But when I try to upload it to YouTube the file is so huge it was projected to take 45 minutes and I aborted the upload.

So then I converted / saved it as an .wmv file (a featured choice within PMB) and when I upload that to YouTube, it much faster so I let it finish but there's a noticeable disappointing loss of IQ in the .wmv conversion...have to work on this issue and see what other options there might be.
    Meanwhile I'm trying to upload the original .m2ts file to YouTube and see if it actually finishes / runs on YouTube.

• Like Like x 1
  5. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
  6. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    I can see an improvement in the new upload, but only when I play it full-screen. There seem to be fewer compression artifacts.

7. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Yes, the small size screens always seem to look a little better...didn't know why, only that they generally seem to.

And yes, watching the native .m2ts file footage full screen is much improved over the converted file to Microsoft .wmv format.
    So until further notice, I'm done with conversions for the sake of expediency...if it takes longer for a native .m2ts file to upload, so be it.
    In the end the IQ will be worth it...

This video stuff is interesting...