1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Natural pose Portrait of my wife with Canon FD 50mm 1.4 and Lens Turbo 2

Discussion in 'Portrait' started by shaolin95, Sep 21, 2014.

1. shaolin95

shaolin95 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    My wife and I were doing a "Quest" game in Salt Lake City where you have to follow clues around the city to solve the riddles and finish the game.
    I was taking some random pictures during the quest and somehow I like how this one turn out as she was looking around trying to figure out the riddle. :)
    This was with the 50mm 1.4. As an interesting test I brought that one lens only and found out if forces me to look for more composition ideas than carrying too many lenses.
    Still, I wish I have had the FD 100mm F2 with me or that I could afford a 85mm 1.2L too! LOL

All just natural ambient light. I want to get a reflector soon too.

Click on it for the higher quality Flickr link if desired as here it seems to looks some detail.

Thanks for looking!

15310005232_ba64f89569_o. Looking for clues during a "quest" game in SLC by GabrielG2k11, on Flickr

• Like Like x 12
  2. shotupdave

shotupdave TalkEmount Regular

Jul 22, 2014
    Torrance, CA
    Dave
    Beautiful and so is the photo

• Like Like x 1
  3. shaolin95

Jul 3, 2013
    Thanks. :)

4. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Yes, anyone that pretty who lets you buy all of those lenses is definitely a keeper. :p

Oh, and nice bokeh!

5. shaolin95

Jul 3, 2013
    hahaha so true! I really feel privileged as she is fantastic, sweet and understanding. Heck, she always says she is my assistant and helps me carry lenses etc, even my super beast Vivitar 120-600mm some times :D

Yes I agree about the bokeh, really liked how it turned out which is not always how I feel. So much to learn, but is a blast specially with our digital era were test shots are not wallet killers. :)

6. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Well done.

• Like Like x 1
  7. shaolin95

Jul 3, 2013
    Thanks amigo! :)

8. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Got to agree ;)

:thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  9. shaolin95

Jul 3, 2013
    Thanks Nick :)

10. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    I occasionally do the same thing, definitely makes you think and go after things differently...also gives insight to the lens IQ if cropping later for a distant object shot with a shorter than normal focal length[/QUOTE]