Natural pose Portrait of my wife with Canon FD 50mm 1.4 and Lens Turbo 2

Discussion in 'Portrait' started by shaolin95, Sep 21, 2014.

1. GabrielPhoto

GabrielPhoto TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    My wife and I were doing a "Quest" game in Salt Lake City where you have to follow clues around the city to solve the riddles and finish the game.
    I was taking some random pictures during the quest and somehow I like how this one turn out as she was looking around trying to figure out the riddle. :)
    This was with the 50mm 1.4. As an interesting test I brought that one lens only and found out if forces me to look for more composition ideas than carrying too many lenses.
    Still, I wish I have had the FD 100mm F2 with me or that I could afford a 85mm 1.2L too! LOL

All just natural ambient light. I want to get a reflector soon too.

Click on it for the higher quality Flickr link if desired as here it seems to looks some detail.

Thanks for looking!

15310005232_ba64f89569_o. Looking for clues during a "quest" game in SLC by GabrielG2k11, on Flickr

• Like Like x 12
  2. shotupdave

shotupdave TalkEmount Regular

Jul 22, 2014
    Torrance, CA
    Dave
    Beautiful and so is the photo

• Like Like x 1
  3. GabrielPhoto

Jul 3, 2013
  4. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Yes, anyone that pretty who lets you buy all of those lenses is definitely a keeper. :p

Oh, and nice bokeh!

5. GabrielPhoto

Jul 3, 2013
    hahaha so true! I really feel privileged as she is fantastic, sweet and understanding. Heck, she always says she is my assistant and helps me carry lenses etc, even my super beast Vivitar 120-600mm some times :D

Yes I agree about the bokeh, really liked how it turned out which is not always how I feel. So much to learn, but is a blast specially with our digital era were test shots are not wallet killers. :)

6. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Well done.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GabrielPhoto

Jul 3, 2013
    Thanks amigo! :)

8. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Got to agree ;)

:thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  9. GabrielPhoto

Jul 3, 2013
    Thanks Nick :)

10. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    I occasionally do the same thing, definitely makes you think and go after things differently...also gives insight to the lens IQ if cropping later for a distant object shot with a shorter than normal focal length[/QUOTE]