1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

National Capital Arboretum

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by millonario, Jul 24, 2013.

1. millonario

millonario TalkEmount Regular

Jul 15, 2013
    Sculpture ISO100, 16mm, f10, 1/250sec

These words are from a poem called My Country by Dorothea Mackeller.

DSC01493.

Amphitheatre ISO100, 30mm, f7.1, 1/250sec

DSC01429.

Acorn Playground ISO100, 16mm, f4.5, 1/500sec

DSC01381.

I think I need to play with the first two in lightroom a bit more. I dunno. I'm undecided.
    Feel free to be as harsh as possible.

2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Some fun shots

3. millonario

Jul 15, 2013
    Thanks dave.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using TalkNEX mobile app

4. dsiglin

dsiglin TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 23, 2013
    Greenville, SC
    Compositionally I like them all, especially the third one where your eye is led in on the left and "falls along" the top of the other acorns. Plus the depth is nice with a prominent acorn and then smaller ones. The fall off of the vignette is a bit harsh, imo. The exposure on the white building (second photo) is blown out so there isn't any detail, maybe dial that building back a bit to regain some detail. In the first photo - did you burn/darken the letters? There seems to be darker "halo" around some of them.

5. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    I personally love them!!! The composition on #1 & #3 and the colours on #2 are great ;)
    Nice work :thumbup:

6. millonario

Jul 15, 2013
    No i didnt do anything to the letters specifically. I dont know what happened there. It looked different in lightroom. Yeah, the grass is a little bit "off" in the shot with the building too. Thanks for the feedback. Its priceless stuff at this stage in my photography. :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using TalkNEX mobile app