• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

My Terrier with Auto Sears 55mm f/1.4

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Here's a quick grab of my rough coated Jack Russell Terrier, Sasha. A6500 using 55mm Auto Sears f/1.4 M-42 mount (Tomioka produced) lens wide open...
ILCE-6500    ----       f/1.0    1/100s    ISO 1250

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
I like that blanket! I have one with cat's paws! ;)
That's such a superb lens. Wonderful rendering and excellent build quality. Love mine. They are getting rare as more people discover Tomioka. (The legacy company of today's Zeiss Japan.)

Tipton

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Rae Leggett
False advertising. I expected a dog with a camera. But an excellent shot nonetheless.

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like that blanket! I have one with cat's paws! ;)
That's such a superb lens. Wonderful rendering and excellent build quality. Love mine. They are getting rare as more people discover Tomioka. (The legacy company of today's Zeiss Japan.)
Yes, I do like this lens quite a bit. I have a Mamiya 55mm f/1.4 lens which supposedly also has been produced by Tomioka which I don;t consider the equal of the Auto Sears. I also have an Auto Sears 135mm f/2.8 lens which I think was made by Tokina. I haven't really checked it out yet but, the price was right. I got it for eleven bucks from Goodwill auctions...
This shot of Sasha's buddy, Robin, was also done with the 55mm f/1.4 Auto Sears lens on my A6500...
ILCE-6500    ----       f/1.0    1/640s    ISO 200

Top Bottom