• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

My photo will be in a 2022 calendar

Jeep Captain

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Jeff
I was notified a few days ago that the photo (below) I submitted for a calendar was accepted. All the photos submitted were taken in Indiana. My photo was taken in Madison, IN

Photos.jpg
ILCE-6300    70mm F2.8 DG MACRO | Art 018    70mm    f/5.0    1/125s    ISO 500

Jeep Captain

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Jeff
UPDATE: So it was a scam to sell their so called calendar. It was actually a 8.5 x 11 book. One page was a monthly calendar and the facing page had 15-20 thumbnail sized photos printed with what must have been an antique dot matrix printer set at about 10 dpi. They sold them at a pre-printing cost of $19 and a post-printing cost that was much higher. I'd bet the only buyers were the photographers that had their images included in the crappy calendar. My photo is bottom row, 2nd from left.
20220327_115642.jpg
SM-G965U    ---    4mm    f/2.4    1/59s    ISO 250

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
UPDATE: So it was a scam to sell their so called calendar. It was actually a 8.5 x 11 book. One page was a monthly calendar and the facing page had 15-20 thumbnail sized photos printed with what must have been an antique dot matrix printer set at about 10 dpi. They sold them at a pre-printing cost of $19 and a post-printing cost that was much higher. I'd bet the only buyers were the photographers that had their images included in the crappy calendar. My photo is bottom row, 2nd from left. View attachment 121247
YUP. Fell for one like this once. Never again.

Brownie

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Tim
The bright side is there are 191 others just as upset as you. Hopefully all of you will get the word out to as many as possible so these clowns can never sell another calendar, or for that matter anything else.

Jeep Captain

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Jeff
The bright side is there are 191 others just as upset as you. Hopefully all of you will get the word out to as many as possible so these clowns can never sell another calendar, or for that matter anything else.
Actually more than 191 others. There are a few pages at the end with just the thumbnails and no calendar.

Latest threads

Top Bottom