1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

My new toy

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by TonyTurley, Nov 24, 2014.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    A like-new, modern Olympus OM-D E-M5 with a 50 year old Olympus lens. Taken with my NEX-6 + Minolta 50/1.7.

Tony

DSC01834_zpsa94b173e.

• Like Like x 9
  2. chrid

chrid Super Noob

May 5, 2014
    australia
    Chris
    Nice shot!, it actually looks like a classic slr :D

3. jai

jai TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    That Pen lens looks good, and well suited to the Olympus body. I think they tend to look a bit strange on a NEX.

How is the peaking?

4. SimanBrothersOutdoors

SimanBrothersOutdoors New to TalkEmount

Sep 22, 2014
    How do you like the camera? Been eyeing in up over the nex seven due to the ibis.

5. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Thanks. It does indeed. I think Olympus was aiming to mimic the old OM line.

I love the looks of the E-M5, and the Pen F lens does add a nice classic touch to it. No true focus peaking, though. It has live view magnification, but there's a strange work-around that has to be implemented to get anything resembling peaking. If I get the time, I'll try it today and report back.

Sent you a PM.

6. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    I got the faux peaking working on my E-M5. It required some menu diving, but now when I press the Fn1 button, the screen turns to a high key view, and you just focus until whatever you want in focus is outlined sharply. Release the Fn1 button, and shoot. A bit slower than MF on a NEX, but not bad. It works. Here's a link on sister site PL to my first sunset outing.

Tony

http://www.photographerslounge.org/showthread.php?t=32557&p=204345#post204345