• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

My new A7ii

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
Recent Sony rebates and trade-up bonuses roused my latent GAS for a full-frame body and I succumbed. Many APS-C lenses died to bring us this body. Um, I mean, sold.

The younger bearded man in brown was rather curious about the "hot package" expedited to me over night from NYC (free of charge). I probably did appear quite happy to take delivery.

Sadly winter is trying to rear its ugly head one more time this weekend. I may have to take pictures of the cats. I did play with it a little bit. Compared to my A6000 and the NEX-6 and 5N before it, it is surprisingly heftier. The biggest surprise so far is how much faster my Techart Contax G autofocus adapter works - amazingly faster and AF seems much better. Probably the better PDAF.

I know it is now an older body and old hat, but I am pretty pumped. But I am rambling and should saunter off to work.

2017.03.08_19.26.35_DSC01623.jpg
ILCE-6000    0mm F0 SAM    45mm    f/2.0    1/50s    ISO 1600

Hawkman

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Steve
Nice! I've been feeling a bit of the FFF - Full-Frame Fever - myself lately, but doing my best (on behalf of my wallet) to resist the pull. ("Resistance is futile" reverberates in my skull at times like these.)

Tipton

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Rae Leggett
I'm trying to hold until the probable A7iii announcement in April. Hopefully the price on the A7rii will drop. Plus I have a lot of lenses to sell.

edit: Plus, I've only had my a7 since August.

Last edited:

Nexnut

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Ken
Congrats, Bob. I still haven't pulled the trigger, lol, but wasted some more time with the ol' Fujis instead and new ways to deal with that X-Wax demon. I can't imagine to pull the trigger on any of the new Fujis though and would burn the money on either an A7II or rather an A7R for the extra resolution but that can wait for another while.
Looking forward to seeing some of your A7II shots.

Latest threads

Top Bottom