• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

My first wedding...

bmg123

TalkEmount Veteran
So this August I shot my first wedding. My cousin wanted her wedding shot in a non-cliché way, so insisted that I do it despite lacking any experience so she didn't get the 'pro' look to her photos (posed shots etc.). Thankfully they were very happy with the results but I thought I'd share here now I have Wifi back and see what everyone thinks. These are some of my favourites:

29991751481_57a3c82eb1_c.jpg
   ---            
Wedding of Sophie & Matthew
by Ben Grady, on Flickr

29780605840_87b271933c_c.jpg
   ---            
by Ben Grady, on Flickr

29447354844_75484ef618_c.jpg
   ---            
by Ben Grady, on Flickr

30041242406_74728a5f2d_c.jpg
   ---            
by Ben Grady, on Flickr

30041258166_4e0cd97d1f_c.jpg
   ---            
by Ben Grady, on Flickr

30041298566_d68ba91a3a_c.jpg
   ---            
by Ben Grady, on Flickr

bmg123

TalkEmount Veteran
Was a bit taken aback by these comments when I first read them! Thanks a lot guys, I was unsure what people outside of the family would say about them so this is amazing to hear. Gives me the confidence to go out and shoot some more weddings now :D

WNG

TalkEmount Legend
Real Name
Will
Technically excellent, and captured the emotions and feel of the moment. I think you delivered right on the money.
Traditional wedding photography has its place, but I believe it's the candid compositions that convey the joyous energy of an occasion. The colored shots are great!

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
Technically excellent, and captured the emotions and feel of the moment. I think you delivered right on the money.
Traditional wedding photography has its place, but I believe it's the candid compositions that convey the joyous energy of an occasion. The colored shots are great!

The most successful photographers mix the traditional and candid

nidza

TalkEmount Regular
I guess she was quite right not choosing cliche, but trusting you. Instead of looking usual wedding photos, I feel connected with these people, meaning, you were part of that atmosphere while taking the photos. Aside, correct choice of equipment and knowing how to use it.

Good job man.

Latest threads

Top Bottom