• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

My first overseas eBay lens sale

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
I ended up with two Meyer Optik Gorlitz Oreston 50mm f/1.8 M-42 mount lenses which I love. I sold one of them on eBay to a man in Hong Kong. eBay made it very easy to calculate the shipping costs and print the label. BTW: the postage was $22.83 US Dollars...

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
I've never made the leap to buying/selling overseas. Makes me nervous in case there are potential problems. Sounds pretty easy to do, though.

JonathanF2

TalkEmount All-Pro
I've sold on occasion overseas. I did sell a lens once to a man in Thailand, who wanted my lens really bad, and I sold it to him above my asking price. In general, I try to avoid it though, it's a bit of hassle having to fill out forms, even if just shipping to Canada.

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It was easier than I expected. The seller agreed to pay the extra shipping. I will need to fill out the green customs form at the post office...

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Funny switch - I sold the Meyer Oreston lens TO a buyer in Hong Kong, China and I purchased a Vilrox 60mm f/2.8 2:1 macro lens FROM China with the funds I received from the sale of the Oreston. They will be crossing each other in the mid-Pacific Ocean
I like my Viltrox focal reducer and have heard good things about the Viltrox 85mm f/1.8 lens so I decided to take a chance on the Viltrox macro, It would be fun to have a native 2:1 ratio, 90mm equivalent focal length lens, with an without need for extension tubes...

Last edited:
Top Bottom