My Birthday

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by José De Bardi, Dec 30, 2014.

1. José De Bardi

José De Bardi Assistant in Virtue

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
    So yesterday was my birthday, didn't do much, just a couple of walks and dinner with friends, got a view nice shots along the way I thought I would share...

So an early start for a frosty walk with the dogs, these 3 were actually used by my local newspaper the same day on their website/FB page to cover their 'Festive Frost' story which was a nice little birthday present :)
    DSC08708_zps21e7eec5.

DSC08730_zps5be51152.

DSC08751_zps3ee51b6c.

Then later that day, an afternoon walk in a local woods, captured the Wife and dog with a nice setting Sun...
    DSC08760_zps77d47148.

And finally an evening meal with a group of friends, it's my best friends birthday today, so we always do a joint thing each year.
    This was me on realising free cake was not included (despite being told when I booked it would be)...
    DSC08789_zpsa024a67c.

But wait, what's this!
    DSC08802_zps5137bf0f.

Ahhhh, a friend complained and we got free cake after all :)
    DSC08804_zpsba7e3b97.

And the other birthday boy basking in his free cake!
    DSC08808_zps8de6871a.

All of these were taken with the SEL35, and the dinner shots with Manual Mode F1.8, 1/125, AutoISO100-400 and one of ferrellmc's diffusers... found here.
    The diffuser really is an awesome bit of kit, and these settings seemed to just work to pass the camera around and people point and shoot. There was a mix of ISO being chosen between 150 and 400 so it seemed to work fine, and nothing was massively over/underexposed.
    I did try with it stopped down a bit to get more in focus (I ended up with a few group shots with people out of focus as a result), but the ISO had to get too high for my liking, or people would need a super steady hand (not gonna happen with a beer or two!).

Anyway, hope you enjoyed, I had a great day :)

• Like Like x 8
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Happy b-day again Jose! Hope you had a nice day :)
    Nice photos too :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Yes, Happy Birthday, José! Great dog pix, and you look like some sort of twisted Bluebeard with those chopsticks in your beard. Classic! :happy-084:

• Like Like x 1
  4. José De Bardi

José De Bardi Assistant in Virtue

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
    Yea, my friend decided it had to be done, and I'm always game for being the clown!

5. ztryfe

ztryfe TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 19, 2014
    Mexico
    Vic
    Happy Birthday! The first picture is amazing!

Cake had to be included, glad you guys got it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Glad you are having fun with it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SpaceManSpiff

SpaceManSpiff TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2013
    Tucson, AZ
    Eric
    Happy birthday José! So when your adoring fans ask you what kind of beard you are sporting these days...is the answer "Chopsticks"?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Hey! Happy belated birthday! Looks like you had a good time & the pics are great.

• Like Like x 1