My A6000 and Lenses

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by davect01, Feb 11, 2015.

1. stingx

stingx TalkEmount Rookie

Feb 10, 2015
    NYC
    Nice! I have an A7 but am picking up an A6000 this weekend. I love shooting through old glass.

2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    There is something fun about MF

3. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Even though I sold off a bunch of lenses a few months ago, I still have far too many . . . just off the top of my head: Minolta (6), Pen F (4), C-mount (3), Micro 4/3 (2), Vivitar (2), Pentax (1), Sakar (1). I've been considering a fire sale and reducing to a bare minimum stock, but haven't made the time to photograph stuff that I want to go.

Tony

4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    I know the feeling. At one point I had 9 Legacy Lenses, and was only using 2.

5. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    I need to sign up for Manual-Focus Lenses Anonymous!
    "Hi, I'm Will, and I'm addicted to old glass." :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    And it's sister group, Ebay Buyers Anonymous

• Like Like x 1
  7. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    I was able to sell a few of my legacy lenses. I sold the Pen F 25, but kept the Pen F 38 & 20, because I like how they render. Got rid of both of my 50/1.4 lenses, as I rarely use them. I'm going to take the $$$ from those and buy a Panasonic 45-175 for my OM-D E-M5. I've pretty much settled on native glass for the E-M5, which is now my primary hiking camera, and adapted glass for the NEX-6, which is what I carry mostly during the week.

Tony

8. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    It's easy to accumulate lenses...all I use are manual Canon FDn lenses on NEX-7's and since gaining confidence in the NEX-7's and knowing how well the Canon FDn lenses work on them, I upgraded to a few Canon "L" type zoom lenses which overlap many primes I'd accumulated.
    One example is instead of hiking back through a lake shoreline for a sunset carrying 24mm/28mm/35mm lenses...I now just mount a 24-35/3.5-L on an NEX-7 and that's it...have several excellent Canon FDn primes I no longer use and have begun moving them out.

• Like Like x 1