• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

My 1st contribution

Ray Vardy

TalkEmount Regular
Hi

Ok so here is my original photo

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/ray_vardy/7349413962/" title="DSC00592 by Ray_Vardy, on Flickr">
   ---            
"500" height="281" alt="DSC00592"></a>

And as edited in filterstorm4 using the preset 'enhanced'

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/ray_vardy/7164222985/" title="DSC00592 by Ray_Vardy, on Flickr">
   ---            
"500" height="281" alt="DSC00592"></a>

Go easy on me! :)

Phoenix

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Phoenix Gonzales
I prefer the edited version. Nice layering (I actually quite like this technique) and composition (which is enhanced by the layer, the composition and effect compliment each other nicely), The edited version makes the whole image pop out. Very nice 1st contribution Ray, Thanks for sharing.

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
+1 ^ What he said

Just a thought... I would've liked to have seen this same composition but with the camera was just a tad higher - so that the rock outline in the foreground would've cleared the foot of the mountain range in the background. I have a feeling that an undisturbed horizon line might give this perspective a little bit more flow.

Bolampau

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Paul
Hi Ray,
your edited version is much better as it gives more 'punch'. Agree with Dioptrick that a slightly higher viewpoint would help though. Good shot though!
Cheers,
Paul

Ray Vardy

TalkEmount Regular
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks all, Dioptrick, yes I see that now, thank you, I'll add that to my list of things to think about a little more in future.

lapdog99

TalkEmount Veteran
Agree with most of the comments and appreciate anyone willing to be open for comments. The sky is clearly the point of attention, so 2/3 sky, 1/3 landscape as a rule. Would like to have seen this with everything in focus for comparison.
The distant mountains would have looked closer with more telephoto compression. Filters that make clouds darker can often be over done.

Top Bottom