1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Mushrooms galore

Discussion in 'Nature' started by roundball, Aug 13, 2014.

1. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Checked on a couple acres of low level woods following the past couple weeks of rain.
    There were mushrooms everywhere...red ones, brown ones, yellow ones, white ones, small ones, huge ones...and the deer have been having a field day, snipping off pieces of most of them...but I managed to find 4 large mushroom shot opportunities.
    My techniques for composing / shooting mushrooms is a work in progress...not as simple as one might think...plus low light levels in the shady woods and no tripod made me sit down cross-legged to get a low perspective, and to try and brace for steadiness. I used Focus Assist and those accessory 'raised buttons' I recently added are absolutely outstanding for me to easily / quickly find / use the Focus Assist buttons.

Canon FDn 28-85/4.0, NEX-7, Manual Mode, Spot Metering, ISO100 / 200, 1/125, various apertures

• Like Like x 6
  2. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    We've been finding a lot of mushrooms, too. My wife and I found a large Box Turtle snacking on a red and yellow one. I think I posted a photo a few days ago.

Tony

3. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    You sure did...a rare / great capture there too

• Like Like x 1