Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by TonyTurley, Mar 28, 2014.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    I took advantage of a break in blustery weather this evening to fly one of my R/C aircraft, with a cheapie Nikon P&S on board, while shooting pics from the hip with my 5R. Zone focusing rocks! Enjoy.

A sea of Daffodils, with a rain/wind squall rapidly approaching. NEX-5R + Vivitar 19-35mm.

Stormy sky about 90 minutes before sunset. NEX-5R + Vivitar 19-35mm.

The model airplane in this photo is carrying the camera that took the 2nd photo below. NEX-5R + Vivitar 19-35mm.

Sunset tonight as viewed from my model airplane. A little bit of jelly from motor vibration, but I'll take it. Nikon L3.

Sunset grand finale tonight after the worst of the weather blew through. NEX-5R + Vivitar 19-35mm.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Well done!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    Awesome sky!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Fun shots.

I had a remote, gas powered plane back in my late 20's. Lots of fun, I should dig it out.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Thanks guys. I had a hunch as the evening went along that sunset was going to be special; glad I was right. AZ-Dave, all of my models are electric powered. I haven't flown a wet powered model in 20+ years. You still have to be careful about camera mounting and balancing the prop. The best pics come when the motor is off and the plane is gliding. My next AP adventure this Spring will be launching my Pentax Q. Hopefully the IQ will be better than the Nikon.

By the way, I've seen in other forums where people fly their models with a NEX on board. Not me!!