Moving into e-mount :)

Petrochemist

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Mike
Hi everyone! I've been active on this forums sister site Mu-43.com for several years, and am now diversifying by adding a NEX-6 to my collection. The intention is to get the camera a full spectrum conversion (once I've got to grips with it) - My existing converted camera has proved somewhat insensitive to UV & I've heard the Sony e-mount models work much better. My GAS needed no further excuse.

For those who don't know me:
As my screen name suggests I'm a chemist, involved in the analysis of hydrocarbons - in both products & environmental samples. Most of my work involves chromatography but I do get to play with light too, and have made use of one of the instruments at work to assist my explorations of non visual photography.

I currently have over 20 cameras, but only half a dozen of those are in relatively frequent use. Hopefully I'll get round to the film based stuff again at some point!

Digital systems in use:
Pentax DSLRs
Micro four thirds, including a 'full spectrum' infra red converted model
and now Sony's e-mount as well!

I'm not currently intending to ever get any e-mount lenses, but that was the case with micro four thirds as well & I now have 6 native lenses for that system as well as the 100+ lenses I can convert, at least once my adapters arrive...

I help run a local photography workshop, yet still seem to spend more time on multiple photo-forums than actually taking photos. :drinks:

Petrochemist

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Mike
pretty much my situation with my 4x5 sheet stuff, its been "one thing after another" since 2010
My 4x5 hasn't been waiting quite that long yet - just about 5 years :eek-30: - it should eventually allow me to try out some historic processes, cyanotypes and the like...

I'm told large format photography is a much slower process than other forms, thats certainly been my experience so far!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom